The Random Image Thread

McIntosh make beautiful HiFi. But how does it sound?
And is it as hefty as they say? What is it about 65lbs?
What are you using for source and speakers?
It sounds absolutely amazing. And yes, it’s a beast, I think it officially weighs in at 67 pounds.
I either use my record player (Fluance RT85 with Ortofon Blue cartridge), CD (Pioneer Elite) or computer audio (Cambridge Audio DAC) as a source which is currently routed through my Marantz pm8004 for some minor tone controls and it serves as a preamp at the moment. It will be replaced with an all tube c2200 McIntosh this Friday when it arrives. Then it’s off to the speakers which are currently either B&W 705s2 bookshelf’s, or the floor standers I built about a decade ago.

I rebuilt a pair of mc75 McIntosh mono blocks about 12 years ago for the owner and I’ve never been able to shake the sound. It’s been a long wait to have one in my life again.

Very cool. I’m a bit of a fan of antique electronics and I have a small collection of mostly non working tube powered radios. The minimally photogenic 60s era Motorola tabletop radio I have still sees regular use since buying at an antique shop in 1997 - it has an RCA plug so it’s had music played thru it via CD player, iPod, and currently an old phone.

Very cool. I’m a bit of a fan of antique electronics and I have a small collection of mostly non working tube powered radios. The minimally photogenic 60s era Motorola tabletop radio I have still sees regular use since buying at an antique shop in 1997 - it has an RCA plug so it’s had music played thru it via CD player, iPod, and currently an old phone.
I’m also a fan of antique electronics and restoring what I can. Love to see the old stuff working if possible.

79996AB9-B73C-4E7E-A06D-0BA31D445498.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

GR001029.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just a somewhat lazy snap for now ... Experimenting with the NONS SL660 is loads of fun; this was taken with a Nikon 28-50mm f/3.5 lens - a zoom on a instant camera :) And in spite of this lens being far from the best (it's okay for such an old zoom, mind), the resulting image is one of the sharpest I've ever been able to produce with any instant camera. So, documenting it with the GR III seemed quite adequate, too ...

M.

Back