The Random Image Thread

Here's some fire to go with your ice, Robert.
DSC07938.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A photo of a photo...
In this case, the photograph in question is a print of a historical photograph - of one of the first recorded visits to Crater Lake, in southern Oregon, in the late 19th century - on display in the picture window of the SOHS (Southern Oregon Historical Society). And I'm a sucker for photos of photos, so...

XT3_Jan7_23_historical_photo(Crater_Lake).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A photo of a photo...
In this case, the photograph in question is a print of a historical photograph - of one of the first recorded visits to Crater Lake, in southern Oregon, in the late 19th century - on display in the picture window of the SOHS (Southern Oregon Historical Society). And I'm a sucker for photos of photos, so...

View attachment 357128
Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir?

Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir?

Interesting question.
Apparently this particular photograph was reprinted and circulated widely. Many have assumed it is "Theodore Roosevelt" (aka Teddy) "and companions". But the Roosevelt Institute argues that it isn't Teddy, claiming that at the time the photo was supposed to have been taken, Roosevelt was a trimmer, slimmer more athletic man than the gentleman pictured in the photo.
But it sure looks like him to me. No scholars have to my knowledge hazarded a good guess as to who his "companions" may have been.

Back