The Random Image Thread

@donlaw
Nice!
Looks like a helluva model train set you’ve shot there.
Rosenberg Train Museum last weekend had some serious model train collectors running their collection. That is a model of the ‘Big Boy #4014’ steam engine. The largest steam engine ever built. They pulled cargo over the continental divided during WWII. Recently totally refurbed and travelled around the country. I missed seeing it. But there is another i have visited in Frisco, TX that is on permanent display. The wheels are huge. Would have loved to see that machine running.

Last edited:
The lab of the mad inventor (my husband) :) These two light bulbs are coupled together to test old valve amps that he works on.
They take the load and burn very brightly when there's a short detected, protecting the amp from blowing up (or at least that's the way I understood his explanation)

Web 1500_ZFC_0512 Two dusty lightbulbs.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The lab of the mad inventor (my husband) :) These two light bulbs are coupled together to test old valve amps that he works on.
They take the load and burn very brightly when there's a short detected, protecting the amp from blowing up (or at least that's the way I understood his explanation)

View attachment 360552
Even if you didn't understand it yourself, it makes perfect sense to me, being an electronics engineer. The build of the setup speaks to me as well, looks like many of my makeshift solutions :).

Walter, if you would, please, explain briefly how you created this really cool effect.
Sorry, John, I completely missed your request.
The effect is called "Little Planet". If I want to use it I take the freeware "PhotoScape X".
That's very easy and fast to use. Of course I cropped a little. You can see the original attached.

Attachments

• P1184624.1.JPG
    P1184624.1.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 22
Back