Show "Reflections"

FXE36955.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Nice. I was able to visit the travelling version of that wall a couple of years back. As I passed it on the road it seemed like any other inanimate ediface. After I parked and walked up to the wall I was unprepared for the power that overcame me. Surrounded by people who looked to the wall to connect with lost family or friends, each name screamed out for attention. I don't think I have ever been more moved by any statue or memorial in my life...

girl at vietnam memorial 16x9.JPG

moving wall.JPG

Vietnam Memorial Flag Kalkaska (2)cropped.JPG

Vietnam War Memorial Black and White.JPG

Nice. I was able to visit the travelling version of that wall a couple of years back. As I passed it on the road it seemed like any other inanimate ediface. After I parked and walked up to the wall I was unprepared for the power that overcame me. Surrounded by people who looked to the wall to connect with lost family or friends, each name screamed out for attention. I don't think I have ever been more moved by any statue or memorial in my life...

View attachment 285095

View attachment 285096

View attachment 285097

View attachment 285098
I wonder if we'll have such a memorial for the Americans we lost to Covid. Art can play a powerful role in recovery and healing.

Back