Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

Wedding cars, Shanghai China
P2240024.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P2240026.jpg
P2240028.jpg
P2240029.jpg
P2240030.jpg

In its natural habitat! I dont know of any Lazy Bum surfers who could actually afford one!
I don't think lazy bum surfers can afford any new car, I also don't think any car company is designing vehicles to appeal to that demographic.

Let's face it, it's a minivan that has some retro appeal that will fade within a couple of years like the new beetle did. It's still cool to see one now.

I don't think lazy bum surfers can afford any new car, I also don't think any car company is designing vehicles to appeal to that demographic.

Let's face it, it's a minivan that has some retro appeal that will fade within a couple of years like the new beetle did. It's still cool to see one now.
I was a little excited to see them bring this back, and thought that surely with that much room, the battery would be huge and the range excellent. If I recall, its range isn’t even all that great.

Last edited:
I was a little excited to see them bring this back, and though that surely with that much room, the battery would be huge and the range excellent. If I recall, its range isn’t even all that great.
I don't know honestly, I was just excited to see one out in the wild, in a place that I didn't expect to see one

Give me old skool .. fossil fuel anyday.

Cornwall is The no1 place to see such a van.
I was just being snarky over EV pricing..Only rich posers would buy such a van anyhow.
Southern California is the place I think of, not Cornwall, we can't piss without hitting an ev.

Fwiw, my wife has one (her first one was purchased in 2015). As a daily driver, I don't think anything can touch one for 90% of the population. As a car enthusiast, I have several ice cars, but if I ever retire my 1993 Miata from daily driver duties, I am probably getting an ev to run around town. They make a lot of sense as utility transportation, at least it has proven to be for our use case.

Southern California is the place I think of, not Cornwall, we can't piss without hitting an ev.

Fwiw, my wife has one (her first one was purchased in 2015). As a daily driver, I don't think anything can touch one for 90% of the population. As a car enthusiast, I have several ice cars, but if I ever retire my 1993 Miata from daily driver duties, I am probably getting an ev to run around town. They make a lot of sense as utility transportation, at least it has proven to be for our use case.
I had a mazda mx-5 yonks ago! Nice countrylane cruiser.
I get why Ev's be fine for local commuting , but overall outlay and the in-ability to travel big distances without pre planning makes them a PITA.
Wife had one for a short while..long story short..she had to be away a lot more due to lack of range..stopping for top ups and poor availability of charging points.inpractical for her.

I had a mazda mx-5 yonks ago! Nice countrylane cruiser.
I get why Ev's be fine for local commuting , but overall outlay and the in-ability to travel big distances without pre planning makes them a PITA.
Wife had one for a short while..long story short..she had to be away a lot more due to lack of range..stopping for top ups and poor availability of charging points.inpractical for her.
Well, they are getting better quickly. My wife's first car had 82 miles range and was strictly a city car. Her current car (already 4 years old) has 260 and the infrastructure here pretty much makes it good for 99% of what she needs. It can make it to LA and back without a recharge from San Diego, which is normally as far as she needs to go.

In reality, she has no issues charging it wherever she goes even there, either where she has a meeting or where she stops for food. I suspect a newer car will likely have even more range, so at least in socal, for all practical purposes, EVs can replace ice cars

Back