Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

43140733255_1648c90c9d_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Autolib' 02 - PARIS-2018-26 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

2018 July France - UK holiday: Autolib' was an electric car sharing service which was inaugurated in Paris, France, in December 2011. It closed on July 31st 2018. Autolib' also offers 1,084 electric car stations in Paris agglomeration with 5,935 charging points. I assume this is one of those car stations.

I'm posting this in both "ships - vessels - boats etc" and "remarkable cars" as it falls into both categories.

I think what we're looking at here is an example of a Quandt Group "Amphicar" from the early sixties. It was just leaving Hambleden Lock on the Thames as we arrived so I was only able to grab a couple of quick shots from astern. Cute, isn't it?

-R

44138971675_f8454a5043_b.jpg
car and boat
by Richard, on Flickr

I rather like these old cars, parked in front of an equally old mobile home, in the small Oregon town where I live. In the dictionary, they could be listed under the word "survivors" - survival is an art, for some wheeled vehicles.

PostedNoTrespassing-AnalEfexPro2.jpg

I visited today private car collection. I'm really, really happy and honored to have the change to visit there. Lightning conditions, however, terrible for taking photos, pardon for that. So all images PP'd and visually not accurate colors.

Politically incorrect Jag - 1939 SS Jaguar

I visited today private car collection. I'm really, really happy and honored to have the change to visit there. Lightning conditions, however, terrible for taking photos, pardon for that. So all images PP'd and visually not accurate colors.

Politically incorrect Jag - 1939 SS Jaguar

View attachment 195245

View attachment 195244

View attachment 195243

View attachment 195246
Wonderful images :)

Ya, unless you have the chance to block all that pesky light and reflections, car shooting is fraught with glare.

I know a local photographer who shoots high end cars for retail dsales and he has a whole slew of blockers, reflectors, etc and it is usually a crew of three.

Wonderful images :)

Ya, unless you have the chance to block all that pesky light and reflections, car shooting is fraught with glare.

I know a local photographer who shoots high end cars for retail dsales and he has a whole slew of blockers, reflectors, etc and it is usually a crew of three.

Yes, I bet one needs a crew to get rid of all reflections and get proper lightning.

I managed to PP these to totally different tones, more like natural colors. But those differ a lot of the first lot. One example: :D

48298620742_4114132b0e_o.jpg

Max 80 km/h donut - Inside Australia - Lake Ballard - GQDT 001 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Awoke from a slumber at the Inside Australia - Lake Ballard camp ground to discover one rear flat tyre. Great I thought. This will be fun driving for 200+ kilometres on AWD roads on a donut without a second spare and no phone range.

Well that was to the least of the problems. It turns out the mechanic when replacing the brakes did a real good job with the compressor. One nearly stripped bolt later and a helping hand with a second tyre lever to create some leverage, the old tyre was removed, just. We were so close to one stripped bolt leaving us stranded on the road least travelled.

Golden Quest Discovery Trail - July 2019

Last edited:
Back