Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

2019-08-30-17-46-MP004249.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's no longer running, but this ancient tiny Italian sedan used to sit upon a tall pole, in front of a used car emporium that has now gone out of business - but in an act of local community recycling, it now sits in front of a local Beer & Burger joint (temporarily closed due to the coronavirus), where the Beer & Burger logo has now been added to its ancient two-tone paint job.

PumpHouseCar#2.jpg

43890692670_1db59aeba8_h.jpg

Ford Anglia 123E - Mid to Late 60s
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

I am pretty sure that this abandoned car is a 1967 or thereabouts Ford Anglia 123E. I was surprised to see it here as the parks people were funded to clear the bush of such wrecks following the declaration of larges expanses of the bush as national parks. I assume this one was missed for some reason.

It's a May day tradition over here to dust off the classic wheels today and take them around the corner. But damned as I forgot to charge my battery with my travels so with little the little juice allocated for my 7mi+ walk I couldn't just carry my camera ready to shoot so I missed pretty every moving cool car :dash2:

2020-05-01-15-21-MP007379.jpg

Back