Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

MiguelATF

Legend
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Walking around the streets of Colonia Cuauhtémoc, in Mexico City, I happened upon this ancient Renault.
Something about those headlights...

GX9_June11_22_Col_Cuauhtemoc_Renault#1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

They seemed to be staring at me.

GX9_June11_22_Col_Cuauhtemoc_Renault#2.jpg

And looking at it from the rear, I could just imagine it blasting down a rural road towards Paris.

GX9_June11_22_Col_Cuauhtemoc_Renault#3.jpg

And, yes... it looks better in black & white!

rayvonn

Hall of Famer

Brownie

Top Veteran
That reminds me of the Rolls-Royce fake radiators they (used to?) sell for VW Beetles.
Hey now! That wasn't a fake radiator, that was a custom modification!
Flat mates were really proud of their British bikes. Triumph, Norton etc. What I remember is weekends with their bikes in pieces in the living room while I was out riding my Honda.

Same with the Seagull outboards. Always engulfed in a cloud of blue smoke.
:)
May be true, but if I ever get another bike, it'll be a Triumph or Norton. I've had Hondas, a Kawasaki, a Yamaha, and Harleys. I'd love to have an old Triumph 650! Or maybe a Bonneville!

Hey now! That wasn't a fake radiator, that was a custom modification!

May be true, but if I ever get another bike, it'll be a Triumph or Norton. I've had Hondas, a Kawasaki, a Yamaha, and Harleys. I'd love to have an old Triumph 650! Or maybe a Bonneville!
A buddy of mine had a wartime Triumph that he bought in the crate, which I rode once. It had blackout lights and that wacky tachometer.

Avondale87

Regular
Name
Richard

aKilter

Top Veteran
Name
David

I'm with you, Brownie. I've owned lots of different motorcycles and my current bike is a BMW R Nine T Scrambler. However, the only bike I've regretted selling, was my '72 Norton Commando.

If I could find a '71, or '72 Commando in very good condition, at an other than astronomical price, I would probably add it to my garage.

Brownie

Top Veteran
I'm with you, Brownie. I've owned lots of different motorcycles and my current bike is a BMW R Nine T Scrambler. However, the only bike I've regretted selling, was my '72 Norton Commando.

If I could find a '71, or '72 Commando in very good condition, at an other than astronomical price, I would probably add it to my garage.
'Scambler'! LOL! I haven't heard that in years. I had a Honda 250 Scrambler, Can't recall the year, somewhere around mid 60's I'd reckon.

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Walking around the streets of Colonia Cuauhtémoc, in Mexico City, I happened upon this ancient Renault.
Something about those headlights...

View attachment 316993

They seemed to be staring at me.

View attachment 316994

And looking at it from the rear, I could just imagine it blasting down a rural road towards Paris.

View attachment 316995

And, yes... it looks better in black & white!
Question for you @MiguelATF - as someone brought up on VW Beetles, I was always told how they kept making them in Mexico after they stopped doing so in Germany. Are there a lot of Beetles in Mexico City and if so are they different in any way?

gyoung

Regular
Name
Gerry Young
Flat mates were really proud of their British bikes. Triumph, Norton etc. What I remember is weekends with their bikes in pieces in the living room while I was out riding my Honda.

Same with the Seagull outboards. Always engulfed in a cloud of blue smoke.
:)
The story goes, even here in UK, that if there isn't a pool of oil under your british motorbike, its because its all drained out already....