Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

DSC03647 (Large).JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I remember the tales about Hertz having these available as rentals (industry bragging rights); stock car racers used to rent them for several days at a time. They would pull the engine and transmission, drop it into their racer and drive it hard during the weekend race. They would swap the combo back and drop it of to the rental agency with only a few miles on the odometer. Hertz finally figured out why the engines weren't lasting very long and sold off their entire stock of G.T.500s.

I'm mostly a straight out of the camera shooter so I don't manipulate my images much at all. I don't have any sophisticated software to speak of so don't spend a lot of time messing with the images. Cropping is my #1 manipulation. That being said, I did put the image I posted in post #821 thru a little bit of an exercise.
What do you all think of this version?
DSC03647 (Large) (1).JPG

For high speed runs I visit Germany.
Off I go on the Autobahn.
Lucky me, I live nearby german border.
We all need some Autobahn therapy.

Here in NZ, we have a lot of JDM love. Up to about a decade ago, we were all into Toyota's X-chassis, from my Mum to my brothers and to my sister.

I used to own this 1994 Toyota Cresta JZX90: Straight-6, rear-wheel-drive, no-ABS, no-TC, non-VVTi.
DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

It's a family sedan that goes fast on straights and goes sideways on corners.

It became someone else's retirement project. He dropped in a 2ZJ-GTE with an R154 gearbox, making a Toyota Supra out of it.

I love the unrestricted era when the drivers drove not the computers in cars.

Back