Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

DSC_0039.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This old Dodge coupe sedan was parked downtown in the small Oregon town where I live, as part of the annual fall 'Harvest Festival'.

XT3_Oct1_22_Dodge#6(City-Hall).jpg

With classic, smooth, rounded lines.

XT3_Oct1_22_Dodge#1.jpg

Not sure what that is attached to the window - possibly an early external air conditioning unit?

XT3_Oct1_22_Dodge#2.jpg

The flip-up external metal sunshade is cool - as is the movable spotlight, the same kind vintage police cars have.

XT3_Oct1_22_Dodge#3.jpg

You just know the designers of this car were having a great time...

XT3_Oct1_22_Dodge#4.jpg

The building behind it is the edge of the old historic town hall - a bit older than the car, obviously - but, somehow, vintage automobiles seem to look right in vintage towns.

XT3_Oct1_22_Dodge#5(City-Hall).jpg

Last edited:
There's something cool about old Chevrolets...the front end almost looks like the face of a mechanical beast, readying itself to spring forwards when the light turns green.

XT3_Oct1_22_Chevrolet#3(front_end).jpg

And each headlight seems like a mechanical dragon eye, transfixing you with its gaze.

XT3_Oct1_22_Chevrolet#4(front_end#2).jpg

If you're wondering where the owner is from, and what his or her cultural heritage might be... just look on the rear bumper.

XT3_Oct1_22_Chevrolet#1(bumper-flags).jpg

Of course, dashboard dolls are a whole tradition unto themselves. This one seems go really go with the car's vibe.

XT3_Oct1_22_Chevrolet#2(dashboard_Hula).jpg

You could carry a couple of those handy battery packs and be ready when it needs charging.
Thanks anyway, Walter, but a four to eight day battery life serves my needs perfectly adequately. If I'm in the car, I have a charger for it there.

I was really having a dig at some (Apple) phones that need charging half way though one day. Completely bloody useless, IMNSHO.

Back