Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

Other Fancy Cars

Cousin's father-in-law's cars in Los Gatos

Attachments

• Tiger Car in Los GattosSocks in Santa Cruz.jpg
    Tiger Car in Los GattosSocks in Santa Cruz.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 411
oooooh some very nice cars in there! Have to mention the Spyker since it's from my country. Can't believe I ever disliked the Enzo, it looks like a Le Mans racer for the road :)
@ pdh, it does look like one...
what's that last car? Looks like a Le Mans car from the 1920's or 1930's?

The Gullwing 300 SL merc. It's a pretty pale grey with red leather interior and was my favourite car. The Spyker is very impressive inside with all those knobs and dials and odd gearstick arrangement. The last car is the one my husband wanted me to photograph as it was the star of the show I think (?). It's an old racing Lagonda but not sure of the details!

did some searching, and it turns out it is a Lagonda V12 Le Mans. Lagonda had won Le Mans in 1935, but in subsequent years it was too busy trying to stay afloat as a company to go racing. They produced some great V12 engined cars and when they were healthy again, they decided to make a Le Mans racecar for the V12 engine. 1939 was supposed to be a "toe in the water" project, with a full scale attempt at the Le Mans planned for 1940. In '39, they finished 3rd and 4th which is really impressive, but apparently it could've gone faster but the drivers weren't allowed to by W.O. Bentley, who designed the car and feared it wasn't reliable enough yet. By June 1940, of course, the war had reached France and the UK so it wasn't raced anymore. Great car indeed, I can see why it's the star of the show! And quite beautiful, I must say :)

I lust after the interiors - oh how I love chrome and leather!!:cloud-9-039: I bet you have many more excellent ones, Christina!

I, too, recently attended a car show but honestly, it couldn't hold a candle to the one you attended. Nevertheless, I'll post a couple...

Wind in your hair

1060552.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hotchkiss Sports (Hotchkiss were a French company building cars at St Denis, Paris between 1903 and 1955)

1060584.jpg

One of the famous "Blower" Bentleys (super charged)

1060586.jpg

Cockpit of the Bentley

Barrie

Carrera GT is super sexy, particularly in black (but I think it looks even better with the roof on!)
Blower Bentley - very nice! But they were supercharged, not turbocharged (turbocharging only became regularly used in passenger and competition cars in the 1970's)

Carrera GT is super sexy, particularly in black (but I think it looks even better with the roof on!)
Blower Bentley - very nice! But they were supercharged, not turbocharged (turbocharging only became regularly used in passenger and competition cars in the 1970's)

I stand corrected, I just knew something wasn't right about that statement, just couldn't think what!

Back