Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

52297095500_954fe2e9ac_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ron, I think that your photos taken with your 14-54 are superior technically to those taken with this lens. Just FWIW.
I think the 14-54 is safer and I can shoot at a slower aperture, I need faster aperture for the manual focus lenses for easier edge detection, so usually less of the car is in focus, but I usually like some of the character better with the manual lenses.

I believe this is the old Minolta mc rokkor 58mm 1.4 at f=2.8, that lens is probably 35-40 years older than the 14-54, so I am ok with the 14-54 superior technically.

I think the 14-54 is safer and I can shoot at a slower aperture, I need faster aperture for the manual focus lenses for easier edge detection, so usually less of the car is in focus, but I usually like some of the character better with the manual lenses.

I believe this is the old Minolta mc rokkor 58mm 1.4 at f=2.8, that lens is probably 35-40 years older than the 14-54, so I am ok with the 14-54 superior technically.
I really quite like the photos you’ve been grabbing with this old lens!

Thanks. It's a Sunbeam Alpine, I think, IIRC the name Talbot was dropped at this point because it could cause a confusion with the French Talbot company.
Interesting times, Ron.

However, this looks very much that model, Sunbeam Talbot 90 MkIIA:

The drophead coupe was not made after around the time of the name change, which I didn't know about until you informed me, thanks.

Back