Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

Seen outside St Pancras Station in London
BC669970-348B-4764-88F5-606E62D0E679.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
351198E5-03C4-4020-9E65-5AB369832D83.jpeg
3CB0A6A6-0F4F-42A3-ADE4-53F6DFE36186.jpeg
5E8A815E-F1BE-4FCD-9C48-05F35460FE85.jpeg

Mustang at Beaumaris car show, 2019. Also testing the new image sizes that @Kevin is experimenting with.

E-M1_MkII_JAK_2019-_9084829_Ew.jpg

[Edit] Yay. It works! Image is 2762x2114 and 3.19 MB (original), and when downloaded to my tablet dimensions and file size are preserved . [End edit]

Last edited:
That's super interesting. I must admit that I viewed the SS badge with quite a raised eyebrow!
Thanks, mate.

If you look closely at your photo, it has "Jaguar" in smaller letters under the "SS" letters. This car is probably an SS100, the last of the SS branded cars.

See here: Swallow Sidecar Company - Wikipedia

And further here: SS 1 - Wikipedia

They changed the name to Jaguar in 1945, according to the Wikipedia entries. I thought it was in the late 1930s.

Ha !! @John King your BEAUTIFUL Morgans... wow. On Friday morning when we wandered into and then around Crossley & Webb,
Classic and Collector Cars, there was a 3-wheeler in a corner in a state of 'undress' if you will. I said to Laura, I'm sure that's a Morgan.
Checked back on their site later and indeed it is - currently available for sale too

Web 1500_ZFC_0839 Morgan 3-wheel 1934_Crossley & Webb.jpg

Web 1500_ZFC_0845 Morgan 3-wheel_Crossley & Webb.jpg

In the late 90s I was looking for a project / fun car and a guy in Vancouver BC had a basket case Morgan 3 wheeler he advertised. I called him and expressed interest. He asked for my Morgan ownership history and when I told him I never had he deemed me unworthy to give him money for his collection of parts. A bit of a questionable tactic if you ask me, but he did me a favor, I suppose.

In my excitement I did buy a 1930s era original Morgan service manual which I still have somewhere in a shed.

Ha !! @John King your BEAUTIFUL Morgans... wow. On Friday morning when we wandered into and then around Crossley & Webb,
Classic and Collector Cars, there was a 3-wheeler in a corner in a state of 'undress' if you will. I said to Laura, I'm sure that's a Morgan.
Checked back on their site later and indeed it is - currently available for sale too

View attachment 361375

View attachment 361376
The Morgans weren't my images, Irene, but I agree that they are excellent.

Yours look wonderful.

In the late 90s I was looking for a project / fun car and a guy in Vancouver BC had a basket case Morgan 3 wheeler he advertised. I called him and expressed interest. He asked for my Morgan ownership history and when I told him I never had he deemed me unworthy to give him money for his collection of parts. A bit of a questionable tactic if you ask me, but he did me a favor, I suppose.

In my excitement I did buy a 1930s era original Morgan service manual which I still have somewhere in a shed.
One sure thing with a Morgan Trike, JAP engined or otherwise, is that if there is a pothole in the road one of your wheels will find it.

Art Deco coming up in Napier, and there's always a wonderful lot of vintage cars there. Hopefully it will be overcast and I'll go over and get some shots. It's a great weekend, - well week really, which has been severely disrupted since covid arrived. They did have some events last year, but I didn't go, as had been unwell, and was very fearful of covid.

Back