Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

I sold the BMW Z4 a month or so back, some of you may recall it, it was the yellow one I put a few pics of on here. Truth is I found it an incredibly boring car, great to drive but the only time it became even remotely entertaining was at highly illegal speeds - so I got rid. After 3 MX5s (Miata / Eunos whatever you want to call them) I decided I wanted a number 4. I can't escape the fact that I just love them, they're so light and nimble - in the same vein as the old Brit sportscars - that the fun starts long before the speedo gets into silly numbers. This time though I'm leaving the newer models in the Mazda showroom and had a 1995 Eunos Roadster imported from Japan, it arrived last week and went straight to the restorers where it will spend the next (approx) 6 weeks having a complete make over. This one is quite special as it's the rare RS Limited version of which only 500 were made and only for the Japanese market, so at 20 years old there's not a lot of them left now. I went over to see it last week and fired off a few shots, it is mess cosmetically but very rust free and very solid with good mechanicals. Looking forward to finally gettng it

I did say it was a mess :)

P7080052c_zps44mqprwb.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I sold the BMW Z4 a month or so back, some of you may recall it, it was the yellow one I put a few pics of on here. Truth is I found it an incredibly boring car, great to drive but the only time it became even remotely entertaining was at highly illegal speeds - so I got rid. After 3 MX5s (Miata / Eunos whatever you want to call them) I decided I wanted a number 4. I can't escape the fact that I just love them, they're so light and nimble - in the same vein as the old Brit sportscars - that the fun starts long before the speedo gets into silly numbers. This time though I'm leaving the newer models in the Mazda showroom and had a 1995 Eunos Roadster imported from Japan, it arrived last week and went straight to the restorers where it will spend the next (approx) 6 weeks having a complete make over. This one is quite special as it's the rare RS Limited version of which only 500 were made and only for the Japanese market, so at 20 years old there's not a lot of them left now. I went over to see it last week and fired off a few shots, it is mess cosmetically but very rust free and very solid with good mechanicals. Looking forward to finally gettng it

I did say it was a mess :)

Nice project :)

I recently sold my early Sigma DP1 and Samsung EX1 and used the proceeds to buy a
Lumix LX100.

Before selling them I took them both to the Beaulieu Spring show

This is a typical Sigma ' Kodachrome ' look shot

View attachment 111792

And this with the multi talented Samsung

View attachment 111793

The Samsung was also responsible for this pic of my own 1960 Lancia Flaminia.

dchange_zpsudndrxik.jpg

I'm still reading the Lx100 manual, but first impressions are that it's very well made and handles beautifully.

4gp2ck.jpg

33y54r4.jpg

2eur1ph.jpg

ej67n.jpg

2lo4076.jpg

Last edited:
Back