Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

I did not recognise this for sure... do you?

CC6E048B-ED98-4AA8-BC4A-D39A10574F5C.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used to own not one but two different SAAB 96 sedans, at different times in my life. Great cars. Extremely quirky, mechanically speaking, but so fun to drive. And, ultimately, impossible to find part for them, in the U.S., and even harder to find a mechanic willing to work on them. Of all the former cars I've driven, I think I miss my old Saab's the most.

FUJI XE2 + TTARTISAN 50mm f1.2 APSC:
View attachment 268169
Drool. Small cars are impractical in so many ways, but they have a real allure that always makes me look. I've had a couple, but the insurance premiums I had to pay on the last one I had were quite high. There's still a fun factor in driving one. I'd happily jump behind the wheel of that one and take it for a spin.

Drool. Small cars are impractical in so many ways, but they have a real allure that always makes me look. I've had a couple, but the insurance premiums I had to pay on the last one I had were quite high. There's still a fun factor in driving one. I'd happily jump behind the wheel of that one and take it for a spin.
We or rather Anne had a modern Fiat 500 which she traded in for a Fiat 500X. She still has the 500X.

Lovely, but I disagree with your choice of angle. Why not make it look as impressive as its tech did back then. Look down its exotic nose at the rest of us pretenders?
P8290029.jpg

Or even lean in across a quiet table at her favorite cafe as she whispered sweetly?
P8290028.jpg

But you've only shown us her massive exit show!! Alas!! ;)

Last edited:
I spotted this very cool old VW Bug on the streets of Ashland, Oregon.
Note the charming and intentionally misspelled personalized license plates.

XPro3_Aug27_21_VW_1st_WUV.jpg

The two-tone paint job got me---

XPro3_Aug27_21_VW_side.jpg

Those tiny rear-view mirrors are functional, but don't really give (the driver) the best view of what might be happening in the road behind you.

XPro3_Aug27_21_VW_mirror.jpg

And those wheels...! Somehow they make the car look like it's going fast...even when it's not moving ;)

XPro3_Aug27_21_VW_wheel.jpg

Went to an auto show/dog photo booth supporting a local dog rescue. Some oldies...
O8290001.jpg
O8290003.jpg
O8290004.jpg
O8290006.jpg
O8290007.jpg
O8290035.jpg

O8290036.jpg
O8290031.jpg
O8290026.jpg
O8290024.jpg
O8290014.jpg
O8290013.jpg

Lovely, but I disagree with your choice of angle. Why not make it look as impressive as its tech did back then. Look down its exotic nose at the rest of us pretenders?
View attachment 268780

Or even lean in across a quiet table at her favorite cafe as she whispered sweetly?
View attachment 268781
But you've only shown us her massive exit show!! Alas!! ;)
Quite agree with you Walter. My uncle drove one of these and I was lucky to have been invited in many outings into the Vosges (he lived near Strasbourg). The whole back seat (or better bench) was the most comfortable sofa you can imagine. And in spite of my 1.80 meters I had more than 40cm from my knees to the front seats. Not the only outstanding beauty produced by Citroen. It was for a time the most loved car of movie gangsters. My uncle had the one with the big boot.

Last edited:
Back