Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

I spotted this very cool old VW Bug on the streets of Ashland, Oregon.
Note the charming and intentionally misspelled personalized license plates.

View attachment 268939

The two-tone paint job got me---

View attachment 268941

Those tiny rear-view mirrors are functional, but don't really give (the driver) the best view of what might be happening in the road behind you.

View attachment 268942

And those wheels...! Somehow they make the car look like it's going fast...even when it's not moving ;)

View attachment 268943
A friend of mine had the same model in black. During our studies we went on a three-week trip all around Scotland, up the east coast and down the west coast, climbing up Ben Nevis as well (3.500 km altogether). On the way back to the ferry (from Hull to Rotterdam) the motor of the windshield wipers broke down. So from the outside of Edinburgh to Hull I sat there with two pieces of string attached to the wipers going in through the small triangular window and pulled the wipers to and fro. What an experience, but it worked, clear sight for the driver.

Lovely, but I disagree with your choice of angle. Why not make it look as impressive as its tech did back then. Look down its exotic nose at the rest of us pretenders?
View attachment 268780

Or even lean in across a quiet table at her favorite cafe as she whispered sweetly?
View attachment 268781
But you've only shown us her massive exit show!! Alas!! ;)

Aha, I found a different version :D
No room in front because it was parked really close to the wall but I have a profile.
I dismissed this one because of the reflection of the contemporary car. Just too shiny black paint :)

2015-Laguiole_08-24-2015_12-14-06_01531_DxO-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Aha, I found a different version :D
No room in front because it was parked really close to the wall but I have a profile.
I dismissed this one because of the reflection of the contemporary car. Just too shiny black paint :)

View attachment 269542
Great angle! Clone out enough to make that reflection not bother you and you have a shot that could be a still in a WWII movie! I expect the Inspector to hop out and adjust his coat while pondering the scene of the crime! . Bravo! Perfect setting for this.

Went looking for fall leaves. Too early (drove 16 hours searching in Colorado), but along the way found a gem in a small town. I did not know of this (apparently)early German Ford - the "F-K' logo says "Fordwerke A.G. Koln" which I think means Ford had a factory in Koln.

O9180032.jpg

I thought Studebaker when I spotted her.
O9180030.jpg

O9180031.jpg

So, no leaves, but an interesting find. I must find this town again, because this junk yard on the main road was filled with these rusting relics from the golden days of style and design.
O9180011.jpg

That Ford is, I think, a Ford 12M "Weltkügel", built in the late1950, indeed from Ford Deutschland. There was a globe on the hood, hence "Weltkügel"
My uncle had one.
Weird that it ended up at the other side of the pond.

Nice catch by the way!
René.
Thanks for those details!! We should have a thread for searching out such gems in small towns across the U.S. - after all, this was a country of immigrants from around the world. Some will have brought their cars (or other cool stuff) with them.

1933 Packard Super 8 Club Sedan

51251216252_db5177599d_o.jpg
P1062878 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

51251946196_207d7397dc_o.jpg
P1062876 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

51252695014_0803235d7e_o.jpg
P1062880 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

51252987580_d3b671d24c_o.jpg
P1062882 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

51251945126_095728c7eb_o.jpg
P1062883 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

51252987070_0191585ed6_o.jpg
P1062886 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

We are an odd bunch here in Colorado. Driving the back mountain roads I saw a Ford GT-40 and a Studebaker (not Avanti) just driving into town. Daily drivers! These folks know their cars! Oh look! Here comes a 1970s Chevy pickup pulling into the grocery store. Wow!
Then in town, this was sitting at an artists studio. It's actually a licensed trailer, but I saw the Winged Lady hood ornament and had to show you guys....
P1280078.jpg

We are an odd bunch here in Colorado. Driving the back mountain roads I saw a Ford GT-40 and a Studebaker (not Avanti) just driving into town. Daily drivers! These folks know their cars! Oh look! Here comes a 1970s Chevy pickup pulling into the grocery store. Wow!
Then in town, this was sitting at an artists studio. It's actually a licensed trailer, but I saw the Winged Lady hood ornament and had to show you guys....
View attachment 278625
The "winged lady" is called the "Spirit of Ecstasy", Walt. Love the trailer!

Back