Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
P1030917.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here are a few more from a classic car show I recently went to ...... hope you enjoy my images .

022-1.jpg

023.jpg

045-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

050.jpg

And no these two are not Minis .....

009-3.jpg

Wow, would I love to have a chance to experience that first red one, is the one that really gets to me, Mike - love that wooden steering wheel!

All great shots!

Love the Minis guys, especially the originals...

Here is my (former) 1972 MG Midget. The 1275cc BMC "lump" in this is the same as many of the later original Minis. Unfortunately, these photos were the photos I took to sell the car. it did not last long.

p1018208306-5.jpg

p939838645-5.jpg

p925558307-5.jpg

p861547566-5.jpg

Beautiful sharp shots, I used to have a Triumph Spitfire in about 1979/80 which was also Brooklands Green with tan interior. After owning three "old" minis, including a couple of 1275 GTs I now have a red Cooper S Works.

woof

really nice machine

- 1275 Midget - the "round" rear wheel arch model that they only produced for a couple of years before changing it to a "square" wheel arch once the US safety guys had "complained" (as usual) - which caused the production of the heavier "rubber bumper" models - signalling the end of the proper British sports cars.

I had the Austin Healy Sprite which was exactly the same as the Midget apart from the badges, plus it was about £50 cheap

I still have a "rubber" bumper MBG and 1500 Midget - which one day I "may" convert to the chrome bumper

Beautiful sharp shots, I used to have a Triumph Spitfire in about 1979/80 which was also Brooklands Green with tan interior. After owning three "old" minis, including a couple of 1275 GTs I now have a red Cooper S Works.

... @ Cooper S Works ... woo hoo! I am a HUGE fan. The history of this car is fantastic. I love the Minis... the color on the Midget is close to Brooklands... it is actually called Mallard which was used for a number of years on the MGB but ONLY appeared on the Midget in 1972. Accurate and rare. Of course it's a respray, but accurate as I got the paint codes... anyway, the tan on green is a very rich and attractive scheme. I always had a very soft spot for the Spitfires.

woof

really nice machine

- 1275 Midget - the "round" rear wheel arch model that they only produced for a couple of years before changing it to a "square" wheel arch once the US safety guys had "complained" (as usual) - which caused the production of the heavier "rubber bumper" models - signalling the end of the proper British sports cars.

I had the Austin Healy Sprite which was exactly the same as the Midget apart from the badges, plus it was about £50 cheap

I still have a "rubber" bumper MBG and 1500 Midget - which one day I "may" convert to the chrome bumper

Yep... The wheel arch is very pretty on this car. To my eye it was always a crowning touch for a lovely little car. I purchased a '72 for that reason. That and it was my second Midget. The first was a '72 also. This car was nearly a basket case when I purchased it in 1997. No reason it cannot go yet another 40 years now...

If you look closely, you'll see that instead of using the black sprayed grille of the 1972 Midget, I used the aluminum-shiny grille of the Sprite. I always knew and liked that I owed fealty to the Austin Healy badge even if the MG was supposedly the up-market version... this was a slight Healy cue that I think really improved the look of the car...

I too, went through the multiple ownership thing. Highly recommended! In fact, I've owned five of these cars.., 1976 MGB, 1968 MGC/GT, 1969 MGB, and two (2) 1972 Midgets. I just finally ran out of runway this time. Needed my garage back, a new daily driver, and a finished basement. Perfect storm led to "Sold for Financial Reasons." Don't let this happen to YOU!

I also had an old 1970 MGBGT with chrome bumpers. The advent of that thick black bumper was just crazy!

Nice... At one time I had a beautiful MGC/GT (the six cylinder version) that I bought off an older lady. It had 38,000 miles on the odometer and an absolutely showroom interior. Paint was a little faded. Worked on that for a while and got all the oxidation off. Eventually sold it to a guy who sent it back to England. anyway, are you aware that the coachworks on the GT was done by Pininfarina, the Italian house responsible for a number of notable Ferrari (eg: Daytona, 308, Dino) and other designs? Hell they did the Volvo C70 if you are into that kind of thing. The story goes that the BMC designers kept refusing to increase the winshield height of the MGB whilst trying to come up with a GT, and the results were just terrible. Eventually the whole kit was packed off to Pininfarina and the result was basically taken and placed directly into production.

I am glad to find folks here that love and own these cars! Well met. I am going to enjoy it here!

Kathy, love that Caddy and the van's graphic of stainless steel plays off beautifully with that great Cadillac chrome!:D Great angle of view, too.

Those Smart cars are remarkable - I can't imagine owning one...even though I love my MINI Cooper, these guys are a little too small for me.

Back