Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

John I love these older beauties you dig up. Things I have never seen.

Thanks for the cut/paste.
I used that to create my trip down the Lea River from a bush walking forum I subscribe to. It was posted in 2013.
Interesting way to use the internet. Wasn't aware of that before.
Thanks, Richard. I posted a series of shots from the Australian Car Show at the other forum. I plan to copy them over to here.

The entire shoot is on my web site at:

Basic EXIF for any image can be found under the "Image Info" tag at the bottom left of each image in my galleries.

Visitors can search all my galleries, but you have to guess keywords. They are obvious! e.g. 'ford' or 'mercedes' or 'eucalypt' or 'cats', etc. A particular image can be found using the original filename shown here, on this forum, when you expand the image to full size. Copy and paste from here to the SEARCH text box in my galleries.

A very rare (one of three) Aston Martin DB3s fixed head at Donington Historic Festival.
P1340578.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1340581.JPG
P1340588.JPG

I have a fondness for ancient, rusty VW 'Bugs'.
So does someone in Medford, Oregon. Something timeless (to me) about that silhouette...

XPro3_May16_22_VW_bug_Medford,OR.jpg

The head-on view of this ancient red bug is rather cool as well.

XPro3_May16_22_red_VW_Medford,OR.jpg

This was one of the more faded specimens...but even in its state, it has a certain je ne sais quoi to it.

XPro3_May16_22_faded_VW_Medford.jpg

The detail on the rear engine compartment is rather cool, too.

XPro3_May16_22_faded_VW_Medford(rear).jpg

And the rusted wheel just adds to the overall sense of: yes, this is a dinosaur but... they sure don't make 'em like this any more.

I have a fondness for ancient, rusty VW 'Bugs'.
So does someone in Medford, Oregon. Something timeless (to me) about that silhouette...

View attachment 311005

The head-on view of this ancient red bug is rather cool as well.

View attachment 311006

This was one of the more faded specimens...but even in its state, it has a certain je ne sais quoi to it.

View attachment 311007

The detail on the rear engine compartment is rather cool, too.

View attachment 311008

And the rusted wheel just adds to the overall sense of: yes, this is a dinosaur but... they sure don't make 'em like this any more.
VW beetles.
What are the chances ... ?

E-30_JAK_2010_PA203479_Ew.jpg

E-30_JAK_2010_PA203478_eW.jpg

E-30_JAK_2010_PA203477_eW.jpg

PS : I see mine (photo) is a different model to yours @Bart J D - it's got more googly eyes :)
I'm not familiar with what year models they were, but in 1978 I had a friend who drove one and
it was really rudimentary
Most models had the round lights (my mums 1972 model among them) I drove a Dyane for a couple of years which is quite closely related but has headlights built into the wheel covers.
All of them where very rudimentary, but quite fun.

PS : I see mine (photo) is a different model to yours @Bart J D - it's got more googly eyes :)
I'm not familiar with what year models they were, but in 1978 I had a friend who drove one and
it was really rudimentary
Most models had the round lights (my mums 1972 model among them) I drove a Dyane for a couple of years which is quite closely related but has headlights built into the wheel covers.
All of them where very rudimentary, but quite fun.
I'm accustomed at seeing the round headlights as well.
Perhaps "aftermarket" :sneaky:
Edit: the "Club" from the eighties has square headlights.

Last edited:
Back