Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

And completely by chance, the above yellow Maserati pulled up almost alongside this little number... A boy on a skateboard uttered some exclamations of surprise!

Irene_FUJY0770 Long Street + Fynbos Interior demolition.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Irene_FUJY0761 Long Street + Fynbos Interior demolition.jpg

View attachment 326098

Jessica. I loved her, but she didn't love me.

Great car, but for short periods of time. Owned her for 9 years and sold her last year for $4,000 more than I paid for her. :)

She’s a beauty. The S2K is one of my favourites. Not surprised you sold it for more than you paid - they are becoming collector items, especially ones in the condition yours looked to be in.

Had to stop by my auto mechanic's this morning, to pick up a car he had just finished repairing for me, and I noticed this semi-vintage and modified muscle car sitting in parking area, waiting for mechanical ministrations. A Chevrolet Camaro...

X30_July29_22_Camaro#1.jpg

The interesting lines of its (optional) rear spoiler are rather intriguing.

X30_July29_22_Camaro#2.jpg

The classic old-fashioned round headlights seem almost at odds with some of the other design elements.

X30_July29_22_Camaro#4.jpg

It's one of those cars that looks like it's going fast....even when it's standing still.

X30_July29_22_Camaro#5.jpg

I didn't get a look at the engine but one gets the feeling there must be a lot of cubic inches underneath that hood.

X30_July29_22_Camaro#6.jpg

This last angle from in front - focusing on the headlight and part of the car's front hood, with the windshield looking unnaturally thin, thanks to the distortion and perspective of the wide angle, is my favorite image from this series.

X30_July29_22_Camaro#7.jpg

Cool external rear-view mirror housings, too.

X30_July29_22_Camaro#8.jpg

Of course, if you're into the 'muscle car' look, it helps to have wheels that look fast, also
I'm guessing they probably are quite capable of propelling this Camaro along at speeds well ahead of the posted Speed Limit signs. But whoever bothers to read those signs, anyway?

The windows were down, so I got a quick glimpse of the dashboard, as well.

X30_July29_22_Camaro#9.jpg

And... voilà! There you have it.

I've a soft spot for Morgan 3 wheelers. My mum and dad had one (with a Matchless engine) but had to get rid when son number 2 (i.e. me) was born. Theirs wasn't as flash as these still racing versions, which look a bit of a handful, from the 1930's.
P1630754.JPG
P1630756.JPG
P1630758.JPG

P7306998.JPG

Jaguar XK 150 FHC (fixed head coupe) seen at Seaview shopping centre, Beaumaris today. What a beauty!

IMG_20220803_130557.jpg

IMG_20220803_130624.jpg

IMG_20220803_130642.jpg

IMG_20220803_130656.jpg

IMG_20220803_130708.jpg

IMG_20220803_130731.jpg

IMG_20220803_130804.jpg

ZTE T86 phone camera. SooC JPEGs.

Sorry, but I'm not very competent with phone cameras ... :( .

Jaguar XK 150 FHC (fixed head coupe) seen at Seaview shopping centre, Beaumaris today. What a beauty!

View attachment 326946

View attachment 326947

View attachment 326948

View attachment 326949

View attachment 326943

View attachment 326944

View attachment 326945that must be some phone!! Sure looks like you did fine to me.

ZTE T86 phone camera. SooC JPEGs.

Sorry, but I'm not very competent with phone cameras ... :( .
Well, that must be some phone then, the photos are lovely. My faves are #4, 6, &7.

Well, that must be some phone then, the photos are lovely. My faves are #4, 6, &7.
Thanks, Walter.

The phone's a relatively cheap Chinese ZTE T86. They are all but indestructible, with a Gorilla Glass screen, and included Gorilla Glass screen protector; IP68 to 1.5-2m; drop proof; superb reception (perfect signal inside a lift (or a refrigerator!); and a battery life of around 4-8 days (14-15 hour days); USB-C; etc, etc. Also takes up to a 512 GB microSD card, IIRC.

The camera is a dual lens job that supports AI fake shallow DoF (which I've almost never used), and also takes RAW + JPEG. I have one program set to square format and the other to 4:3.

I'm very pleased with it. My 6 y.o. previous ZTE T84 still works fine, but kept running out of memory (only 2 GB / 16 GB RAM) as filled with pre-installed and unremovable Google crap. The T86 has 4 GB / 64 GB with almost no pre-installed crap. Android 10.

Thanks, Walter.

The phone's a relatively cheap Chinese ZTE T86. They are all but indestructible, with a Gorilla Glass screen, and included Gorilla Glass screen protector; IP68 to 1.5-2m; drop proof; superb reception (perfect signal inside a lift (or a refrigerator!); and a battery life of around 4-8 days (14-15 hour days); USB-C; etc, etc. Also takes up to a 512 GB microSD card, IIRC.

The camera is a dual lens job that supports AI fake shallow DoF (which I've almost never used), and also takes RAW + JPEG. I have one program set to square format and the other to 4:3.

I'm very pleased with it. My 6 y.o. previous ZTE T84 still works fine, but kept running out of memory (only 2 GB / 16 GB RAM) as filled with pre-installed and unremovable Google crap. The T86 has 4 GB / 64 GB with almost no pre-installed crap. Android 10.
Are you in the U.S.?? (Oh, i see not). That battery life would be life-changing indeed.

Are you in the U.S.?? (Oh, i see not). That battery life would be life-changing indeed.
Walter, I just cannot afford for the battery to run flat, so I won't own a phone with lousy reception that needs charging at lunchtime.

I usually charge it at 20-30% life left - i.e. about a day's normal use left.

Back