Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

1936 Alta at Beaumaris Concourse Car Show 2016.

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113239_Ew.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113241_Ew.jpg

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113242_Ew.jpg

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113238_Ew.jpg

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113243_Ew.jpg

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113240_Ew.jpg

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113237_Ew.jpg

E-M1_JAK_2016-_9113236_Ew.jpg

Last edited:
Do those new minis suit tall drivers as they used to back in the day or are they like all new cars these days?
I'm 195 cm tall and drive a 2011 Clubman, that's my first and only car, so I can't really compare to be honest, but I sit there comfortably and it doesn't feel cramped at all. If I really would be sort of nitpicky, I wouldn't mind just a tiny bit of additional headroom - but that's about it. The more recent models, especially Countryman and Clubman are said to be even more roomy, but I pretty much went with the "older" generation Clubman because it's more compact - I think the more current models have gotten too big and bulky for still being called Mini.

It always amazes me what a stock vehicle is capable of, it didn't stay this way for long, but this was an incredible day out shooting the wilderness.

View attachment 371277

View attachment 371278
Those are great trucks! Traded my 2016 Tacoma in last year on a Ridgeline, I miss it but I also like the smoother ride of the Ridgeline. But then I didn't use mine like you are.

Are you sure you're really from Texas, Bruce? ;)

- K
My old college roommate who also has a Ridgeline, said to me, you know what the Ridgeline demographic is right? 60 year old white male, guess what I am :ROFLMAO: (Well, now I'm 61) I'm getting older with less and less need of a "real" truck. I have had a number of Tacomas and Tundras as well as Fords. To be honest, I am very happy with the Ridgeline after a year. The all wheel drive is more than enough for me and it is super comfortable. Plus it has a giant cooler under the bed and speakers, sure could have used that in college!

My old college roommate who also has a Ridgeline, said to me, you know what the Ridgeline demographic is right? 60 year old white male, guess what I am :ROFLMAO: (Well, now I'm 61) I'm getting older with less and less need of a "real" truck. I have had a number of Tacomas and Tundras as well as Fords. To be honest, I am very happy with the Ridgeline after a year. The all wheel drive is more than enough for me and it is super comfortable. Plus it has a giant cooler under the bed and speakers, sure could have used that in college!
Yeah, probably 80% of the guys who drive those big pickup trucks don't really *need* the capabilities those vehicles deliver. The Ridgeline is built on a unibody chassis (I believe) and so is probably a whole lot more comfortable to drive...and it still has a bed when you need to haul something. It's basically a modern, taller El Camino. ;)

And you're right that integrated cooler would've been useful in my younger days. Although, when I was in college I probably wouldn't have been able to afford to fill a "giant" cooler.

- K

was it difficult to get the actual train drive shots? How low would you say it was?

Yes it was, as I had to perch with one knee on the ground, and I am not as young or agile as I used to be. I was determined to get decent shots of the chains though, because I've seen this car probably a couple of times, and regretted the lack of good chain shots. I'd say at it's lowest it's 20 - 30cms above the road.

Back