Show "Remarkable Car(s)"

'scuse my ignorance, but what does (premature) St Patrick's Day have to do with DeLoreans? It's also my son's birthday on the 17, in unrelated news

I think the factory was in Ireland if memory serves? But yeah, I’m otherwise curious about that too.
In short, although John Delorean was American, every car was built in Northern Ireland during the period of the troubles and I believe that's the significance of the the Irish connection.

52366769590_f869359d38_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In short, although John Delorean was American, every car was built in Northern Ireland during the period of the troubles and I believe that's the significance of the the Irish connection.
Yes, it was sold as both a cost cutting measure and a way to revitalize a struggling part of Northern Ireland. If memory serves the factory was located smack in the middle of one of the more heavily affected areas.

My remarkable car, a 1980 Porsche 911 SC Targa, is going to the mechanic on Monday. It will get a new headlight switch installed (part cost $597.00), tuneup (who knows what that will cost), some adjustments of the deck lid so it is gapped the same all around, an adjustment of the cable to open the engine compartment, fixing a slow leak in the rear tire, and maybe some new front struts. My thoughts about new camera equipment are on perma hold.

My remarkable car, a 1980 Porsche 911 SC Targa, is going to the mechanic on Monday. It will get a new headlight switch installed (part cost $597.00), tuneup (who knows what that will cost), some adjustments of the deck lid so it is gapped the same all around, an adjustment of the cable to open the engine compartment, fixing a slow leak in the rear tire, and maybe some new front struts. My thoughts about new camera equipment are on perma hold.
Sounds like you need a new car Mel, not a new camera! Nostalgia is one thing, being practical is completely different!

Sounds like you need a new car Mel, not a new camera! Nostalgia is one thing, being practical is completely different!

Fortunately, the world is not just for those who count beans and want the ordinary. Some enjoy the nostalgia and the sound of an air-cooled flat-six as it snarls through the gears. We do not have built-in GPS maps, a 16-speaker sound system, but we have the ability to smile inside as one of the "ordinary" cars creeps along with a driver who is just going through the motions of "driving". I think I will p[ay the price to be the guy with the top off, a smile on his face loving the experience.

Back