"Show" reptiles - post your images

My concern would be more about proximity. If I am close enough to breathe on a snake, I am close enough to get bit. Non venomous I wouldn't be too scared of, but thoughts of laying down close enough to a rattlesnake...I think I'd stay a little farther away.
Well...you don't have to really breathe on it...just blowing towards it is fine. The scent molecules will easily waft a meter or more, unless you're wearing a mask or have lung capacity issues. It's kind of like this, just less directed and powerful:

John King

Member of SOFA
Name
John ...
Thank you, that is a great piece of information and I look forward to trying that. I just have to make sure not to do that to a venomous snake.
Or one of these ...

They are also venomous.

Avondale87

Regular
Name
Richard
My concern would be more about proximity. If I am close enough to breathe on a snake, I am close enough to get bit. Non venomous I wouldn't be too scared of, but thoughts of laying down close enough to a rattlesnake...I think I'd stay a little farther away.
Sounds scary :unsure:
Could try a long piece of garden hose :p
Not to whack it with, to blow lovingly on the dear things head.

Some Wife!
I know one that would blow it with something else. Causes arguments here!

John King

Member of SOFA
Name
John ...
Dan, almost all the land snakes in the USA are non-venomous.
Almost every variety here is deadly poisonous, and one of the other two swallows you whole. I think that our green tree snake is non-venomous ...

lucien

Legend
one forked tongue coming up, didn't use red eye reduction lolz

DSC_2037.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)