Show Seascapes

2022-08-13 (Sat) 21-36-52.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Really dig that first one Edd.
Thanks Chris...here is one more that was taken while there was still a lot of ambient light...that is part of the Newport Naval War College in the background. It was the original home of the U.S. Naval Academy, and now serves as a strategic think-tank for modern naval warfighters.

Regards,

Edd

FullMoon-NPB-4.JPG

Thanks Chris...here is one more that was taken while there was still a lot of ambient light...that is part of the Newport Naval War College in the background. It was the original home of the U.S. Naval Academy, and now serves as a strategic think-tank for modern naval warfighters.

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 346713
I’ve spent several weeks at the War College on two different occasions (a lifetime ago), and even learned how to sail there. They have the worlds largest free floating simulator for a ship taking on water. A TON of fun! Although my team did not make it out of that simulator “alive” 🤣

I wonder if the bag pipe player is still there every morning and evening.

I’ve spent several weeks at the War College on two different occasions (a lifetime ago), and even learned how to sail there. They have the worlds largest free floating simulator for a ship taking on water. A TON of fun! Although my team did not make it out of that simulator “alive” 🤣

I wonder if the bag pipe player is still there every morning and evening.
Chris,

I will be getting a personal tour of the campus in early December. By pure chance, I was flying back from D.C. and had the current President of the College, Rear Admiral Shoshana Chatfield sitting next to me, trying to fly "under the radar". After a few questions that I asked and the depth of her knowledge with respect to her answers, I called her out point-blank that she was dressed as a soccer-mom, but clearly that was not the case. She laughed and we traded some war-stories and the rest is now history...all positive. I will ask about the Bagpipe player, to be certain!

Regards,

Edd

Chris,

I will be getting a personal tour of the campus in early December. By pure chance, I was flying back from D.C. and had the current President of the College, Rear Admiral Shoshana Chatfield sitting next to me, trying to fly "under the radar". After a few questions that I asked and the depth of her knowledge with respect to her answers, I called her out point-blank that she was dressed as a soccer-mom, but clearly that was not the case. She laughed and we traded some war-stories and the rest is now history...all positive. I will ask about the Bagpipe player, to be certain!

Regards,

Edd
What a chance occurrence!

Otaki beach, NZ. Never been here before, but there's several similar beaches on the west coast of lower NZ. I think the figure bent over is collecting shellfish. The beach is littered with broken shells.

Looking more or less north

PB090017_DxO.jpg

PB090017_DxO.jpg

Collecting shellfish

PB090019_DxO.jpg

Kapiti Island

PB090018_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Back