Show Seaside

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
:bravo-009: Spectacular, Sue! So are the rest on your photostream - what a day!!
Thanks, BB, it was just beautiful down there this morning. Didn't want to leave but it was getting hot and I needed to go to a supermarket and get home. (and then, to add insult to injury, i got a flat tyre!!) But the photography part of it was great.

Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Sue
We have a small DSLR forum ? I didnt know about that -is a k20d small? (it weighs a ton )
View attachment 49084
sandymount by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr
Nice shot, Nikki. I wanted the K20D but didnt realise how heavy it was, and when I picked it up in the shop, wrenched my right wrist so effectively it put my DSLR purchase back by 6 months, and then, I bought the K200D instead because it was lighter. The K-5 isnt as heavy as the K20D, and only a bit more than the K200D. Dimensionally it seems a LOT smaller, especially with a 15mm prime attached

Small: if you think its small, then it is. Thats what Amin says. So I reckon its OK to post your stuff in there :)

South Cronulla Pool this morning...

Cronulla South Pool n1024 - 1_1 by peterb666, on Flickr

Cronulla South Pool n1024 - 2 by peterb666, on Flickr

Cronulla South Pool n1024 - 3 by peterb666, on Flickr

South Cronulla Pool o45 4 by peterb666, on Flickr

The first 3 shots were taken with a Nikon D90 and Nikkor 10-24mm zoom while the last shot was taken with an Oympus E-P3 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8.

There is another shot in the Black & White and sepia thread that follows on from this... https://www.photographerslounge.org/f92/black-white-monotone-sepia-184/index146.html#post63887

Another lovely set from you, Peter! Tell me, were you using an ND filter for the first couple? I've acquired an ND400 and ND8 but havent yet learned how to use them. Must take lessons.
Thanks.

There are no filters on the first two. It is quite dark and the white in the sky you can see is actually light pollution from the city in the distance. It was actually amber but when correcting for the strong sodium vapour lighting around the pool, it turns white. What should be blue-grey cloud is now very blue and looks like clear sky.

#3 had a 2-stop hard grad (ND4). In NDs as opposed to grads, I have only a 10-stopper (around ND1024 from memory) but as I have longer 150x100 sized hard-grads in 1, 2 and 3 stop, I can slide those down to fully cover the lens and effectively have ND2, 4 and 8 filters. I rarely use them that way.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom