Nature Show Seaside

Name
Andy
Here's an old look processed image from Brighton Beach.

Olympus E-PL2 and Panasonic 14mm f/2.5

5492940864_7373985d79_z.jpg

I love the seaside! Here in the USA, we tend to refer to the seaside as "the beach". I think I must have been either a sea otter or porpoise in my former life.

Each one of these seaside images offers such a different feeling to me. Andy, yours allows me to feel serene and thoughtful, albeit a feeling of chilliness ( I think your "old look" works perfectly with this one, too - really like it a great deal.), while Pavel, yours makes me feel the heat. It's summertime and if I were standing there I'd want to dive into that glorious blue green Adriatic sea! I've always heard that the Dalmation coast of Croatia is not to be missed. Not sure if that is where you took this or not, but it is lovely. Olli, your two are alive - love the blasting glints of light on the water, seeing people actually going in - and then that beautiful rush of power as the wave crashes in on that glistening pebbled beach!

All of these make me want to go down to the sea again, soon. Can't help but think of John Masefield's poem, "Sea Fever". I was there today with Streetshooter AKA Don, but it was so cold and windy that we could barely stay out for more than about 5 minutes. Soon we'll be sweating here and it will be summer. ;)

Thanks you all, and thank you Andy for starting this thread.:flowers_2:

Slapton Sands, south Devon

Firstly a view looking east towards the rising sun, secondly a view from the same position looking south along the beach towards the village of Torcross.

1000967.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panasonic GF1 with 15mm, f/4.5 Voigtlander Super Wide-Heliar @ f/8, 1/4000 sec, iso 200

1000971.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panasonic GF1 with 15mm, f/4.5 Voigtlander Super Wide-Heliar @ f/8, 1/800 sec, iso 200

Barrie

Thank you, Barrie. I needed that - these two views. There's something so cathartic and healing, for me, about seeing wide open expanses of the ocean and the shore. I'd print these and keep them somewhere on a wall or framed on a table where I could see them regularly. I think these two give me a direct line to peace. My favorite is your first - I can hear the pounding of those wonderful waves! Now, I'd like to go for a walk on that beach.

Pete

I know that everything is bigger in the US and "supersized"

but you must have very big fish out in Az if you need a hook and rig like that to catch em

what kinda bate are you using

hook.jpg

Back