Show "Shadow"

50 cents

P1020240.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Somehow I'd missed the last several posted photos here until just now! How, I don't know since I frequent the site so often. I'm really glad to see more photos added and am sorry to be coming in late.

Ferry, I think the toning on yours is perfect. To me it adds to the mystery of this image...and, perhaps, gives it a sort of flavor from the past...almost like an old movie from the days of Casablanca or The Maltese Falcon. It's fascinating. I'd love to know more about what you needed to do to achieve it, if you feel like going into it.

... My sort of Guitar, a Fender Custom Shop Telecaster ....

I have 5 Telecasters, from 1955 up until 1987, different pickups and setups.

The only Gibson I have is an SG, which I really like as well. I tried the Les Paul on a variety of occasions but it's not my sort of guitar.... although very nice optically

Prototype - very nice especially considering the time of year - is it the marching band? I like the way you've distilled the scene and used the layers of the school's colors on the field.

Will, that first one of yours has a film feel to it and I think it's wonderful and very evocative. I can feel the cavernous space as though I'm there looking down with you. Great shadows and lines of light. Your cat hits home with me, too - great textures and almost an electrical feeling...kind of a halloween cat or maybe she or he is just a bit unsure about that water. Really like your framing. The screen portrait (self?) is quite cool - reminds me of an etching or silkscreen. I'd love to know the story behind it. And finally, The Fly is quite an impressive closeup - and I'm not a fan of flies.;)

Never got to comment on a bunch of the others here - like Jan's or Antonio's or Herman's. I did add my thanks which sometimes seems kind of less than ideal a way to let people know how much I appreciate their photos, but I do. Love the light in your Les Paul player portrait, Antonio!

Will - Great shadows! My favorite is definitely the first one. I really get a sense of "it's end of the day, let's go home" with that photo, especially with the shadowy figures all headed toward the exit.

BB - Thank you. The shadows to my left and right are actually from other photographers. They had professional video equipment and telephoto lenses and I must have looked silly with my little Sigma. The advantage when you have a compact is that no one asks for your credentials. ;)

Back