Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Fremantle, Western Australia
Andrew
Absolute 1 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Absolute 1 (IMO: 9869447) is an oil products tanker registered and sailing under the flag of Singapore. Her gross tonnage is 6,087, and deadweight is 8,646. She was built in 2019. Her overall length (loa) is number 114.99 m, beam is 19 m and maximum draught is number 7.5 m. Her container capacity is 0 teu. The ship is operated by BP Australia Pty Ltd.

I photographed the Absolute I on her departure from her berth at Fremantle Port on April 25, 2020. Absolute I’s last port of call was Batam and her next port of call is Kwinana.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Absolute 1 - Bow
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Absolute 1 (IMO: 9869447) is an oil products tanker registered and sailing under the flag of Singapore. Her gross tonnage is 6,087, and deadweight is 8,646. She was built in 2019. Her overall length (loa) is number 114.99 m, beam is 19 m and maximum draught is number 7.5 m. Her container capacity is 0 teu. The ship is operated by BP Australia Pty Ltd.

I photographed the Absolute I on her departure from her berth at Fremantle Port on April 25, 2020. Absolute I’s last port of call was Batam and her next port of call is Kwinana.

Whilst in Fremantle she was attended to by ASP Ship Management Pty Ltd.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Absolute 1 - Funnel Markings

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew

Absolute 1 - Bow in Silhouette

Richard

All-Pro
Feb 1, 2013
Marlow, UK
View attachment 221844
Absolute 1 - Funnel Markings by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Absolute 1 (IMO: 9869447) is an oil products tanker registered and sailing under the flag of Singapore ...
I like that escape pod arrangement on the back - it's like something Blofeld would use for a dramatic exit in the climactic scene of a Bond film. Presumably, the support structure swings down so the occupants don't hit the water as alarmingly as my first impression suggested.

-R

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
May 25, 2015
Andrew
I like that escape pod arrangement on the back - it's like something Blofeld would use for a dramatic exit in the climactic scene of a Bond film. Presumably, the support structure swings down so the occupants don't hit the water as alarmingly as my first impression suggested.

-R
I believe they do hit the water as you first believed ... there is some reason for this IIRC but I cannot recall the details or where I saw it explained I am afraid.

Here you go ... jump to 2:55 for the launch

Last edited:

Matero

All-Pro
Jan 28, 2014
Helsinki, Finland
I believe they do hit the water as you first believed ... there is some reason for this IIRC but I cannot recall the details or where I saw it explained I am afraid.

Here you go ... jump to 2:55 for the launch

Freefall lifeboats are required by SOLAS and SLA in vessels which are in danger to sink so fast that conventional lifeboats couldn’t be released in time. Those freefall lifeboats can be released almost instantly when required.

Bart J D

Veteran
Nov 11, 2019
On Lake Geneva, Vevey

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom