Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

cheeks69

Veteran
Real Name
Robert
P7150206.jpg

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50700994053_71dbbe7b4a_h.jpg

Ocean Shield [Bow Perspective]
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Ocean Shield (IMO: 9628374) is an offshore supply vessel registered and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her gross tonnage is 8,368. She was built in 2012. Her overall length (loa) is 110.9 m. The ship is operated by the Australian Border Force (a federal government agency).

I photographed the Ocean Shield on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 10 September 2016.

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
View attachment 242676
Ocean Shield [Bow Perspective] by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Ocean Shield (IMO: 9628374) is an offshore supply vessel registered and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her gross tonnage is 8,368. She was built in 2012. Her overall length (loa) is 110.9 m. The ship is operated by the Australian Border Force (a federal government agency).

I photographed the Ocean Shield on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 10 September 2016.
The designer of that needs being hung, drawn and quartered, that's got to be one of the ugliest ships I've ever seen.

Barrie

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
Here's something rather more prosaic, this barge used to be used to carry sewage sludge out to be dumped at sea when such a thing was permitted. Now much of it ends up on fields near where I live, albeit I think it's had rather more intensive treatment before being used in such a manner. This dates from the 1970's, yet another Mamiya Press image taken on the River Plym in Plymouth.

705.jpg

Barge and launch tug

Barrie

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
234.jpg

Sailing on the tide

The coaster Christopher M was a member of the Metcalf Motor Coasters fleet and is seen leaving on the tide in the mid 1970's. She will have come from the loading wharf of FJ Moore just 300-400 yards upstream and will be carrying a cargo of limestone. This photograph was taken from the quay in the village of Oreston where I grew up, the power station on the opposite bank is Plymouth B Power station, now demolished, where I served my apprenticeship. Behind the stern of the Christopher M are the remains of Plymouth A Power Station in the process of being demolished, thus the coal cranes on the wharf and the chimnies have gone. The first power station on that site was built in 1893. The Christopher M was built in 1956, displaced 1,035 tons and was a regular caller in Plymouth.

This is another Mamiya Press 6x9 image.

Barrie

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50707918958_888be5aaaf_h.jpg
Ocean Shield [Port Perspective]
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Ocean Shield (IMO: 9628374) is an offshore supply vessel registered and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her gross tonnage is 8,368. She was built in 2012. Her overall length (loa) is 110.9 m.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom