Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
Two from Stornaway in the Outer Hebrides, May or June 1976.

340.jpg

HMS Repton Ton Class Minesweeper presumably operating with the Fishery Protection Squadron

336.jpg

In port The coaster Moray Firth IV, the heavy lift ship Aberthaw Fisher and a MacBrayne car ferry on the Ullapool to Stornaway service.

Taken with the Voigtlander Bessa I

Barrie

Last edited:

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50721330582_bc085bd172_h.jpg

Ocean Shield [Transom View]
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Ocean Shield (IMO: 9628374) is an offshore supply vessel registered and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her gross tonnage is 8,368. She was built in 2012. Her overall length (loa) is 110.9 m.

I photographed the Ocean Shield on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 10 September 2016.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50728349902_0a2a27a7b7_h.jpg

Ocean Shield [Helipad]

Ocean Shield (IMO: 9628374) is an offshore supply vessel registered and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her gross tonnage is 8,368. She was built in 2012. Her overall length (loa) is 110.9 m.

I photographed the Ocean Shield on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 10 September 2016.

Richard

All-Pro
I was curious and just looked up the history of Dar Pomorza. It made quite an interesting read. The bit which particularly caught my eye was this (from Wikipedia): her horn, installed after the war, was from the German battle-cruiser Gneisenau.

I imagine that if someone hoots at you with the horn from a WWII battle-cruiser, you get out of the way sharpish.

-R

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
HMS Ark Royal returns to Devonport Naval Base (Plymouth) on a grey day in the mid 1970's.

521.jpg

Here she's in the Drake Channel passing the East Vanguard Buoy, at the end of this channel is a 120 degree turn to starboard to negotiate The Narrows off Devils Point.

527.jpg

Having negotiated The Narrows the lead tug which is the only one shackled up to the Ark Royal begins a near 90 degree turn to port to pass Mutton Cove and enter The Hamoaze off the Dockyard.

530.jpg

Moored in The Hamoaze ahead of the lead tug is the Ark Royals sister ship HMS Eagle. Pupils from a local primary (junior) school would seem to have been given the morning off to come down to the landing stage at Mutton Cove to witness the event.

Mamiya Press with 90mm f/3.5 Mamiya Sekor lens and 6x9 film back.

Barrie

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
MV Eminence.jpg

Entering Sutton Harbour-Plymouth

The London and Rochester Trading Co motor coaster Eminence about to pass through the opening between two piers into Sutton harbour, almost certainly carrying a cargo of coal. Two crewmen already have a mooring rope standing by at the bows of the ship as it will only take her a matter of minutes to manoeuvre alongside the coal wharf. Her hatches are already open ready to begin discharging her cargo. She's followed by two fishing boats destined for the fish quay.

sand_barge.jpg

Sand Barge

In north Devon on the estuaries of the rivers Taw and Torridge there was a trade in sand and gravel, the small barges used to run themselves aground on the falling tide and then load up before being floated off by the incoming tide. This one will then motor up the estuary for about 4 miles to the town of Barnstable (Barum as her port of registry has it) where she will berth and unload her cargo.

Both taken in the mid 1970's with a Leica M3 and, at a guess, a 35mm Summaron.

Barrie

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50735029431_38c6e8889c_h.jpg

BROOKE M

Brooke M (WA Registration MH6622) is a workboat operating out of Fremantle Port. She was built in 2010 by Structural Marine Engineering, Henderson, Western Australia. Her overall length (loa) is 15.5 m, and her beam is 5.75 m. She is operated by Mackenzie Marine and Towage Pty Ltd.

I photographed the Brooke M on her departure from her Rous Head at Fremantle Port on 10 September 2016, destination unknown.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50742577501_f756bc7481_h.jpg

MV Spinifex (Bow)

MV Spinifex (MMSI: 503069180) is classified as a pleasure craft, is registered, and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her overall length (loa) is 26 m, and her beam is 7 m. She is operated by Pelagic Marine Services Pty Ltd.

I photographed the MV Spinifex on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 12 September 2016 as part of her regular run from Rous Head to Rottnest Island.

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50750331431_4978b26b0d_h.jpg

MV SPINIFEX

MV Spinifex (MMSI: 503069180) is classified as a pleasure craft, is registered, and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her overall length (loa) is 26 m, and her beam is 7 m. She is operated by Pelagic Marine Services Pty Ltd.

I photographed the MV Spinifex on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 12 September 2016 as part of her regular run from Rous Head to Rottnest Island.

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
If I remember correctly this creek at Kings Lynn in Norfolk (east coast of the UK) was known as the Fisher Fleet and was home to a whole collection of smaller inshore fishing boats mostly engaged in the shell fishery carried out in the Wash, a large tidal area of mud and sand banks that dry out at low tide and have a maze of ever changing channels through them. These images would have been taken in 1971 with an unknown 35mm camera.

35-03-02-Fisher Fleet-Kings Lynn-Norfolk.jpg

35-03-02-Shrimp Boat LN127-Kings Lynn-Norfolk.jpg

35-03-02-Shrimp Boats-Kings Lynn-Norfolk.jpg

Judging by the offset little wheel houses there were even what might be called left handed and right handed boats :)

Barrie

Aushiker

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew
50765011192_f421a47bee_h.jpg

MOL Generosity Rounding North Mole

MOL Generosity (IMO: 953216) is a container ship registered and sailing under the flag of Liberia. Her gross tonnage is 59,176. She was built in 2012 by Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries, Samho. Her overall length (loa) is 275.07 m, and her beam is 40.04 m. Her container capacity is 5,605 teu. She is operated by Peter Doehle Schiffahrts-KG of Hamburg.

I photographed the MOL Generosity on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 12 September 2016.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom