Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

WOODSHOLE-2017-055-Edit.jpg

USS Massachusetts War Memorial in my hometown. When I was in college, I worked as the third shift security guard for this attraction. I would sit in a little shack (obscured in this shot by the mine sweeper on the left) and prevent folks from sneaking on board and committing criminal acts of littering and graffiti. I also had lots of time to do my calculus homework. :D
mamie-L.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

USS Massachusetts War Memorial in my hometown. When I was in college, I worked as the third shift security guard for this attraction. I would sit in a little shack (obscured in this shot by the mine sweeper on the left) and prevent folks from sneaking on board and committing criminal acts of littering and graffiti. I also had lots of time to do my calculus homework. :D
View attachment 123574

I used to visit this museum and the surrounding area a lot when I lived in Newport. Very photo rich environment.

The Devizes to Westminster Canoe Race passed through Marlow yesterday, and I took these pictures from the bridge. At this point the competitors are at the end of day two of four, and about halfway along the 125 mile course. There are various classes of boat in the race, and some teams do the whole course non-stop in two days. Rather them than me.

-R

33675409400_b298b00b68_b.jpg
canoe 1
by Richard, on Flickr

34059820245_79b61779d4_b.jpg
canoe 2
by Richard, on Flickr

33247569813_f9ee83e98b_b.jpg
canoe 3
by Richard, on Flickr

I saw them without reading the description and I was all, WTF kind of boats are these.
Just being silly, or some kind of event?
Heh. Yeah, the other thread that's on the front page explains all. School physics project - can you build a boat with just cardboard and duct tape. :) Some really interesting designs.

Back