Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

2020-08-25 (Tue) 18-09-56.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 234573Sydney Harbour, Fleet Review Week 2013.
Takanami Class destroyer. Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF).
Now that triggers some memories - of the cleanest Japanese sailors immaculately dressed in their uniforms, getting off the boat and walking in packs around Sydney CBD in the morning and Circular Quay later that day. I just remember them looking so smart and polite (unlike us bogans working in our offices) and grabbing everyone's attention.

50382021791_83a5a52584_h.jpg

MSC Susanna on Approach by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

MSC Susanna on approach to the head of the Swan River and Fremantle Port. Two of the three Svitver tugs standing by are in the shot.

MSC Susanna (IMO: 929053) is a container ship registered and sailing under the flag of Panama. Her gross tonnage is 107,489, and deadweight is 117,095. She was built in 2005. Her overall length (loa) is number 336.67 m, beam is 465.6 m and maximum draught is 15.50 m. Her container capacity is 9,200 teu. The ship is operated by MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company.

I photographed the MSC Susanna on her approach to berth at Fremantle Port on 25 September 2020. Her name last port of call was Adelaide and her next port of call is Singapore. Due to her size, the largest ship I have seen in Fremental, she was assisted three tugs: Svitzer Eagle, Svitzer Falcon and Svitzer Redhead

Whilst in Fremantle she was attended to by Mediterranean Shipping Company.

Back