Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

piwbscc.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The boat at the dock is a sailboat I used to race on when I lived in St Thomas in the USVI. We normally sat on a mooring but had pulled into the dock to clean the bottom and provision the boat for an upcoming trip to Puerto Rico for a Regatta. The land you see in the distance is an Island we used to anchor off of occasionally to swim and hang out on the beach. It later became famous as the island Jeffrey Epstein owned where he brought underage girls for sex. This shot was in 2003 with a 3mp point and shoot I had at the time. It was the last of three years that I lived there.
tempest at styc.jpg

This shot was also with that same 3mp point and shoot camera taken in January of 2004. It is the last trip from Mackinac Island, Michigan to the mainland on the ferry before the ice became too thick to plow through. After this trip the only way off was by small plane or snowmobile over the ice. I had moved from the Caribbean to this island to be closer to my mother, who needed help with her health management. I ended up spending the winter on Mackinac before moving downstate to better administer her care.
Mackinaw winters.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A beauty...must be worth a small fortune!
By accident I happened upon a Wooden Boat Show in Presque Isle, Michigan last summer during a boat delivery from Bay City to Traverse City. There were quite a few head turners there. Less than normal due to the virus crap, but more than the year before. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see the show this year as it promises to be a bigger event.

Back