Show ships - vessels - boats - yachts - submarines - whatever ...

52821608158_49b432174b_h.jpg

Svitzer Redhead Stern First by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Svitzer Redhead (IMO: 9848182) is a tug registered and sailing under the flag of Australia. Her gross tonnage is 499, and her deadweight is 417. She was built in 2019 by Uzmar Gemi, Basiskele, Turkey. Svitzer Australia Pty Ltd operates her.

I photographed the Svitzer Redhead on 16 April 2023, working in Fremantle Harbour. Yes, she is going in reverse!

IMGP4626.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

52820762647_3765411202_h.jpg

Kiss and Make Up by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Svitzer Redhead is travelling in ‘reverse’ immediately behind Svitzer Falcon as they pass through the heads to await the arriving vehicle carrier, Carmen.

It appeared like the skipper of Svitzer Redhead was bored and decided to play, as shortly after the skipper did a 360 to bring the tug back to bow first.

52824454709_8dde6baff3_h.jpg

Carmen by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Carmen (IMO: 9505027) is a vehicle carrier registered and sailing under the flag of Sweden. She was built in 2011 by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, Geoje, South Korea and is operated by Wallenius Marine AB.

I photographed the Carmen as she passed through the mouth of the Swan River heading into the Fremantle Inner Harbour on 16 April 2023. Her last port of call was Melbourne. She was assisted by the tugs, Svitzer Falcon, and Svitzer Redhead.

52838786803_51e6d57b2c_h.jpg

Pacific Explorer by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Pacific Explorer (IMO: 9103996) is a passenger vessel registered and sailing under the flag of the United Kingdom. She was built in 1999 by Fincantieri Monfalcone, Monfalcone, Italy and is operated by Carnival Australia.

I photographed the Pacific Explorer as she moved towards the port light C, FI.R.4s on her embarkment from the Fremantle Inner Harbour on 22 April 2023. As she passes the North Mole light, she swings to port to follow the Deep Draft Vessel Approach (Transit Corridor). The pilot is expected to depart at the Inner Pilot Boarding Ground. Her next port of call is a port in WA Port - Other.

View attachment 382842
Pacific Explorer by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Pacific Explorer (IMO: 9103996) is a passenger vessel registered and sailing under the flag of the United Kingdom. She was built in 1999 by Fincantieri Monfalcone, Monfalcone, Italy and is operated by Carnival Australia.

I photographed the Pacific Explorer as she moved towards the port light C, FI.R.4s on her embarkment from the Fremantle Inner Harbour on 22 April 2023. As she passes the North Mole light, she swings to port to follow the Deep Draft Vessel Approach (Transit Corridor). The pilot is expected to depart at the Inner Pilot Boarding Ground. Her next port of call is a port in WA Port - Other.
WOW! Great picture. That is huge hunk of floating iron!!

52841102274_cc050e7ee8_h.jpg

CMA CGM Tancredi by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

CMA CGM Tancredi (IMO: 943655) is a container ship registered and sailing under the flag of Malta. Her container capacity is number 8,533 teu. She was built in 2012 and is operated by Danaso Shipping Co Ltd

I photographed her as she passed through the mouth of the Swan River heading into the Fremantle Inner Harbour on 23 April 2023. Her last port of call was Adelaide. She was assisted by the tugs, Svitzer Eagle, Falcon and Redhead due to her size. She is the third longest ship I have photographed at Fremantle.

52840912446_df2253f375_h.jpg

Mermaid Strait by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Mermaid Strait (IMO: 9616216) is an Anchor Hoy vessel registered and sailing under the flag of Australia. She was built in 2012 and is operated by MMA Offshore Vessel Operations.

I photographed her as she passed through the mouth of the Swan River heading into the Fremantle Inner Harbour on 23 April 2023. Her last port of call was Fremantle.

Back