Show - Shots in 65:24 / XPAN Aspect Ratio

I was in the city again today looking for more potential 65:24 photos. I took these two looking in a south-easterly direction and then in a south-westerly direction from the Victoria Bridge:

OM1G3963.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OM1G3962.jpg

Then I thought, "What happens if I stitch them together?"
This was the result. - OK, so it is quite a bit wider than 65:24:

OM1G3963_Panorama.jpg

Some really nice images with that aspect ratio! 😎

Just curious, is it a dimension that printers can work with if you try to get prints? Does it require a specialty print shop or is it something that most shops should be familiar with if you start saying "XPAN"? 🤔

Some really nice images with that aspect ratio! 😎

Just curious, is it a dimension that printers can work with if you try to get prints? Does it require a specialty print shop or is it something that most shops should be familiar with if you start saying "XPAN"? 🤔
Some information on the format here, Kevin:

Just enquiring whether anyone here has an XPAN camera? I know one person who has and the images are fantastic. Strangely, he used the camera in an urban environment and not as I would expect in a landscape context but it was the first time I saw how images in that aspect ratio really do work as well as demonstrating the practical difference between film and digital, none of that wide open business, stopping down all the way. So if anyone does have that camera, I would love to see some posts here, this thread as created an itch. Apologies; back to the thread.

Just enquiring whether anyone here has an XPAN camera? I know one person who has and the images are fantastic. Strangely, he used the camera in an urban environment and not as I would expect in a landscape context but it was the first time I saw how images in that aspect ratio really do work as well as demonstrating the practical difference between film and digital, none of that wide open business, stopping down all the way. So if anyone does have that camera, I would love to see some posts here, this thread as created an itch. Apologies; back to the thread.
If the itch extends to buying an Xpan camera - be prepared for the sticker shock!

1670799092765.png

Back