Show - Shots in 65:24 / XPAN Aspect Ratio

I've always been intrigued by the Q. Aside from price (!), the fixed rear screen makes me hesitate. But if I ever get a fixed lens compact, it'll be the Q (or ideally the Q2).
I went from the x100f to the Q, so the fixed screen wasn’t an issue for me. Although I miss the optical viewfinder, the main reason for my switch was I much prefer the 28mm focal length over the 35mm on the Fuji. Full frame in the same size package (essentially), didn’t hurt either.

I went from the x100f to the Q, so the fixed screen wasn’t an issue for me. Although I miss the optical viewfinder, the main reason for my switch was I much prefer the 28mm focal length over the 35mm on the Fuji. Full frame in the same size package (essentially), didn’t hurt either.
Is that one of the Leicas that the Olympus VF series hot shoe EVFs work with, Chris?

Is that one of the Leicas that the Olympus VF series hot shoe EVFs work with, Chris?
Nah. This one has an EVF built in. I think those only work on some of the rangefinder M’s, like the m240 and maybe the m8/m8.2 (not entirely sure). The benefit there obviously being an EVF option on top of an optical viewfinder allows for all kinds of weird focal lengths to be used without having to worry about rangefinder frame lines, etc. There would be no point to add a second EVF to this camera.

Nah. This one has an EVF built in. I think those only work on some of the rangefinder M’s, like the m240 and maybe the m8/m8.2 (not entirely sure). The benefit there obviously being an EVF option on top of an optical viewfinder allows for all kinds of weird focal lengths to be used without having to worry about rangefinder frame lines, etc. There would be no point to add a second EVF to this camera.
No EVF works without live view, so, none for the M8 and M9. The X2, X Typ 113 and X Vario as well as the M Typ 240 take the "Olympus" EVF ... As for the usefulness of it on the Q, I concur: The Q's EVF is way superior.

M.

Last edited:
Canon AF35ML_00080.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hello there! The 65:24 aspect ratio was a thing i never really noticed, but all the great pictures in this thread made me curious, so I looked thorugh my images to see where this crop might work.
And I have to say I am surprised how well it works. Here are some of my pictures reworked as 65:24 Versions:

Eveninglight_65-24.jpg

The distant mountains_65-24.jpg

Light in the valley_65-24.jpg

Cloudy reflection_65-24.jpg

Hello there! The 65:24 aspect ratio was a thing i never really noticed, but all the great pictures in this thread made me curious, so I looked thorugh my images to see where this crop might work.
And I have to say I am surprised how well it works. Here are some of my pictures reworked as 65:24 Versions:

View attachment 357704
View attachment 357705
View attachment 357706
View attachment 357707
Really super set. The wide ratio can really add impact to many landscape shots.

Back