Show "Signs"

Long distance footpath sign at Start Point

The south west peninsula long distance footpath runs from Poole in Dorset (on the south coast) to Minehead in Somerset (on the north coast). Here at Start Point the town of Poole is roughly at 90 deg to the axis of the camera on the right hand side and Minehead is very slightly to the right of the axis of the camera and about 80 miles away in a direct line.
As you can see the footpath takes you on a journey of 462 miles to reach Minehead, that would be along the south coast of Devon, the south coast of Cornwall, around Lands End and up the north coasts of Cornwall, Devon and Somerset to reach Minehead.
The two uprights on the skyline to the left are the masts of the BBC transmitter at Start Point and down on the foreshore to the right the remains of the village of Hallsands that was destroyed in a great gale in 1917.

1000956.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panasonic GF1 with 12mm, f/5.6 Voigtlander Ultra Wide-Heliar @ f/11

Barrie

Such a juxtaposition of sign scenes! Barrie, great shot of that rather desolate, yet alluring land and seascape.

Olli, that is a fantastic bit of smoke swirling there amidst those old signs and rusted pipes. So this is a brewery? Still putting out beer or?

Just a local corner eatery. Natakhtari is the local version of Bud/Heineken. The smoke is from the roasting meat - shashlik. I know this because I could smell it while I was taking the picture.

two more to add

I suppose I could gone the other direction on the yield sign...wasnt thinking.
thanks for looking guys.... cheers, Pete

urban_22resized.JPG

urban24resized.JPG

Back