Show "Signs"

Signs CF2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 50mm F2

@pdurand
For quite a while you posted B&W pix of India. Now you’re posting mostly in color. I’m curious about this change.
I always shoot in color. When working my photos on a computer, I usually try almost all in B&W to see wich version I like most. In the last months I was traveling and had no time to do that. In the last week if our journey, my beloved had an accident that caused fractures to her right wrist and pelvis. We are ar home since three weeks and she needs my help for almost everything, so not much time for post processing. Later I will review photos of the journey and see if some will benefit from B&W conversion.

I always shoot in color. When working my photos on a computer, I usually try almost all in B&W to see wich version I like most. In the last months I was traveling and had no time to do that. In the last week if our journey, my beloved had an accident that caused fractures to her right wrist and pelvis. We are ar home since three weeks and she needs my help for almost everything, so not much time for post processing. Later I will review photos of the journey and see if some will benefit from B&W conversion.
Sorry for troubles; sending good thoughts your way.

Geez, Pierre, that's rotten bad luck.

My wife's doctor says that if she has a serious fall, she will go from being "elderly" to "frail aged" in that instant. I'm in a similar situation.

We are both having Prolia injections, plus the essential 600 mg of calcium plus 1000 iu of vitamin D each day for osteoporosis. We both also have osteoarthritis, although hers is more obvious than mine.

Her osteoporosis has receded to osteopaenia after several years of treatment. I have a bone density scan tomorrow to check how my treatment is progressing. One of our friends has gone from osteoporosis to normal after around 5 years (?) of treatment.

We are all so fortunate to be living at a time when these things can be treated!

Hopefully your wife will recover fully soon. I fully understand that they can and do take a long time. Longer for some than for others.

Geez, Pierre, that's rotten bad luck.

My wife's doctor says that if she has a serious fall, she will go from being "elderly" to "frail aged" in that instant. I'm in a similar situation.

We are both having Prolia injections, plus the essential 600 mg of calcium plus 1000 iu of vitamin D each day for osteoporosis. We both also have osteoarthritis, although hers is more obvious than mine.

Her osteoporosis has receded to osteopaenia after several years of treatment. I have a bone density scan tomorrow to check how my treatment is progressing. One of our friends has gone from osteoporosis to normal after around 5 years (?) of treatment.

We are all so fortunate to be living at a time when these things can be treated!

Hopefully your wife will recover fully soon. I fully understand that they can and do take a long time. Longer for some than for others.
Because of your health, you and your wife should definitely avoid falls... Take care...

Doctors said that my beloved will need three months to recover and prescribed calcium and vitamin D... (We both take calcium and vitamin D since a long time). So she will have a very calm spring (no gardening for her this year).

Because of your health, you and your wife should definitely avoid falls... Take care...

Doctors said that my beloved will need three months to recover and prescribed calcium and vitamin D... (We both take calcium and vitamin D since a long time). So she will have a very calm spring (no gardening for her this year).
Interesting research into calcium+D showed that our bodies absorb ALL the "new" calcium and excrete "old" calcium. How the heck does a biological organism work that trick out?

The researchers could only tell the difference because the "new" calcium had a radioactive tag attached, allowing it to be identified and tracked.

Wishing her all the best for her recovery.

My ergonomic/orthopaedic Stressless armchair is being delivered this evening, thank goodness! Currently, I'm lying on a long sofa to watch TV, and sometimes I get stuck, even using my walking stick. My wife's chair won't be delivered until early/mid June.

I'm really, really looking forward to this! They cost a small fortune each (nearly the price of an X2D ... ), but will be well worth it.

Back