Show "Signs"

On the way home tonight. Leica M-E, Nokton 50/1.5, ISO320, from DNG processed in LRCC.
. . . David
East Burke Signs (1 of 1).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 564877
Wray Avenue Precinct - You are Here Maps by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

This photograph continues my social history project documenting both the mundane and the interesting in the City of Fremantle and surrounding areas through the medium of Waymarking [1].

At various key locations in the City of Fremantle you will find these way marking signs. This is the third sign I have photographed now as part of this social history project and this one draws attention to the Wray Avenue precinct area where you find cool cafes (far better IMO than what is found on the Cappuccino Strip and without the pretence) and boutique shops very much reminiscent of Fremantle.

The building in the back ground is the Fremantle Hospital, whilst a drab building, I believe this particular building was built in 1976, the hospital has a history going back to 1897 with the original building still part of the hospital complex.

[1] "You are here" -South Tce, Fremantle, Western Australia - 'You Are Here' Maps on Waymarking.com

Bill, I found these while visiting a historical property in St. Andrew's, New Brunswick. They seem to be leather buckets for fire use - the Regency Era equivalent of a fire extinguisher. I have no idea why they are numbered, though, and did not have an opportunity to ask.

The contrast with the background colour is what caught my eye, in this case.

Back