Show "Signs"

I have no idea what a "Plumas" is but they have a great sign.
It's the most well-known bar in Quincy, CA, which is in Plumas County. But it's not named for the county, it's named for the original owner, Plumas Stokes, who went by "Plumie" and his bar was referred to as Plumie's. As a long-time drunk (20yrs), I never spent much time there. I preferred drinking alone. But yeah, that is a great sign. The sky and other background was actually much better on the other side, but the sign's lights were broken on that side. I took a print of the photo to the bar owner and he told me they were going to fix the lights and re-paint the sign. I told him I thought the sign had a lot of character the way it was and suggested he just clean and then clear coat it to preserve the look. Even though he hasn't painted it, I don't think he put any serious consideration into my idea.

MISC-2018-0045-Edit-LREdit.jpg

41927987570_25f1ee5c55_k.jpg
Federal Hotel {001} - Australian Heritage Sites
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A large three storey hotel building, constructed in 1887 of stuccoed brick work. Designed by architect G I Inskip. The original verandahs over the pavement did not survive.

The chaste Victorian Classical revival architectural character is important. Notwithstanding the loss of the original verandas over the pavement, of greater significance is the contribution the building makes to the Victorian street-scape of the west end of the city and, in particular, in relation to the Town Hall opposite and to the commercial premises which extend around the corner and into High Street. A building whose presence reinforces the surviving Victorian character of the very centre of the city where Town Hall, Church and commercial premises combine to produce a significant and cohesive townscape.
The Federal Hotel traded for approximately 20 years as Rosie O'Grady's but returned to its original name, The Federal Hotel in January 2016.

For more background on the Federal Hotel’s history do visit Fremantle Stuff.

46403686732_22e7d33100_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Chemin de Stevenson Trail Signpost - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D2-11 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A rather cute and by all reports long-standing Chemin de Stevenson Trail signpost in Saint-Martin-de-Fugères. Saint-Martin-de-Fugères is a commune in the Haute-Loire department in the region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes in the south-central France.

Day 2 of 12 - Le Monastier-sur-Gazeille to Le Bouchet-Saint-Nicolas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France

46592825961_445a71e4e7_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Dieback - Monadnocks National Park by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A now defunct, thanks to a bushfire, boot cleaning station on Herold Road in the Monadnocks National Park, Western Australia. These boot cleaning stations (now being replaced by a better design) where in place to allow bushwalkers to clean their boots before entering and leaving areas of bush either impacted by phytophthora dieback or susceptible to it.

Back