Show "Signs"

From a walk around a neighboring town. Leica CL, 7a 35mm f2, processed in Lightroom "Classic" and Color Efex Pro 4.
"Open Sign".jpg

. . . David

48725983153_a7433a21c7_k.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sign of Robert Lois Stevenson - La Bastide-Puylaurent by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

The locals are very proud it would seem of their connection to Robert Lois Stevenson. This sign in La Bastide-Puylaurent is one such example.

Day 5 of 12 - Le Cheylard l’Evèque to La Bastide-Puylaurent: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

48746267108_9475f95238_k.jpg

Parking or even a garage for cyclists - La Bastide-Puylaurent - - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D5-21 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Love it … a sign offering garaging or parking for cyclists along with a lovely window box of flowers. How mature.

Day 5 of 12 - Le Cheylard l’Evèque to La Bastide-Puylaurent: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

48788000352_092ca2d4a4_k.jpg

Do Not Cross - La Bastide-Puylaurent - - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-02 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

It seems it is not just Australian’s that need to be told the bleeding obvious.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

48858968681_e9af3d8a9d_k.jpg

2,500 km to the campsite - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-03 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This sign caught my attention, as 2,500 km to a campsite is some walk! Then I remembered in Europe they use a comma rather than a full stop as we do in Australia to indicate two and half kilometres to the campsite. Just a bit more manageable.

The Camping De l’Allier is the local campsite just a short distance off the Chemin de Stevenson in La Bastide-Puylaurent.

Day 6 of 12 - La Bastide-Puylaurent to Chasserades: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

48883118223_1dc0a4657d_h.jpg

Marker unknown - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-04 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This marker stone is alongside the Chemin de Stevenson as the trail climbs towards the summit of Le Mourade.

I am most curious as to what the marker represents but alas it may well remain a mystery.

48933550418_5d748f7445_h.jpg

Randonneurs Attention - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-06 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

It was nice to get a warning sign in both French and English. That said I suspect we would have got the message even if it was in French.

There was some construction work apparently in the vicinity of the summit of Le Mourade when we walked through.

48977850752_44b31f4d18_h.jpg

Burning down the house - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D6-07 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Coming from Australia I could very much relate to this warning sign. No English translation required.

Back