Show "Signs"

2020-08-08 (Sat) 21-06-19.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50392137656_4ff265819e_h.jpg

Google Translate - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D8-13 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

In caze of fog or snow. The funny thing about this sign, besides the translation, was its placement at the final part of the ascent to the summit. Like if you arrived at this point in such conditions, maybe you were beyond the direction of a sign.

Day 8 of 12 – Le Bleymard to Le Pont de Montvert: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

50464463433_d748f1bec4_h.jpg
No Downhill - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D8-14
by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Oh no! You push your bike up the slopes of Mont Lozére to near to the summit just to find out that bikes are not allowed. Mind you the downhill from this point will still be fun.

Day 8 of 12 – Le Bleymard to Le Pont de Montvert: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Last edited:
When I spent a lot of time in Suffolk I went by these signs in broad daylight and reached my destination without difficulties. In dusk things became a bit tricky and at night with heavy autumn fogs orientation was impossible.
To find my way, without decent lighting, to a fancy country pub in the wilderness often took a lot of time when I got lost and had to cruise around and trust good luck.

When I spent a lot of time in Suffolk I went by these signs in broad daylight and reached my destination without difficulties. In dusk things became a bit tricky and at night with heavy autumn fogs orientation was impossible.
To find my way, without decent lighting, to a fancy country pub in the wilderness often took a lot of time when I got lost and had to cruise around and trust good luck.
That part of the world is not too far from London but feels a lot further away when you’re there. No real motorways in the area so you’re confined to small roads and if you have to get somewhere on time and you get behind a tractor...forget it. Plus loads of animal carcasses on the road as your driving though. An interesting place!

Back