Show "Signs"

49807770206_e3a0130053_h.jpg

Across the fields one wanders - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D7-15 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Heading out through the fields as part of the diversion of the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) just outside of L’Estample. It was actually a nice change in the walking environment.

Day 7 of 12 – Chasserades to Le Bleymard: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

49813307527_bcf8be0fb6_h.jpg

Esfatte Brayes - Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D7-18 by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

Climbing now pass the 1300 m mark into the higher reaches of the Foret Domaniale du Goulet. This area is known as Esfatte Brayes. We soon left the D 120 as we entered the forest.

Day 7 of 12 – Chasserades to Le Bleymard: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (GR 70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Z70_0219.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

"Caution. Buzzards. Attacks on runners and bikers possible!"

M.

View attachment 274094

"Electrocution kills. Live lines. Keep your distance."

Actually, you *really* have to want to get at those lines ... Not a happy thought.

M.
A related side story: several decades ago, a fellow ignored the prominent "Keep Off - No Trespassing!" signs and climbed the very tall power line transmission tower that was right behind my boyhood home. He was predictably zapped when he got too close to the lines, and somehow survived the fall, albeit with extensive injuries. He sued the power line owners because there was not a sign that said "If you climb this tower, you could be severely injured or killed". He actually collected $$$ from the "deep pocket" electric company. I still shake my head over that one.

A related side story: several decades ago, a fellow ignored the prominent "Keep Off - No Trespassing!" signs and climbed the very tall power line transmission tower that was right behind my boyhood home. He was predictably zapped when he got too close to the lines, and somehow survived the fall, albeit with extensive injuries. He sued the power line owners because there was not a sign that said "If you climb this tower, you could be severely injured or killed". He actually collected $$$ from the "deep pocket" electric company. I still shake my head over that one.
Stupidity and gullability shouldn't pay. Period.

M.

Back