Show: Skyscapes

pdh

Legend
Jan 2, 2011
a walk around with the 17mm pancake makes it clear what a good landscape lens this is ... I like it with a CPOL on the front, as in all of these ... I described it in a mu-43 thread as a "watercolourist's lens" ... hehehe ... anyway, the skies and landscapes were so lovely today that I suddenly had a hankering for a properly wide lens - the 12mm Voigtlander or even the 9-18mm Olympus, because I just couldn't get enough into the frame ... barely any PP in this lot, just denoise, autotone and a light sharpen ...

Open to all - please add your skyscapes!

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
:eek: It does look like a forest fire! Nevertheless, it does fall into the skyscape category, me thinks.:p

Beautiful images in here. Until I saw Andy's latest, I was finding it very restful...which I need right now as I am still recovering from house guests and a long drive to and from picking up our daughter from college. Maybe we need a caffeinated thread? ;-)

Thanks so much pdh, for opening this up to all!

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Christina! I love it and want to be in that place, but standing in the field not in a car zipping past. I took several photos yesterday of fields from our car trip. I'll be thrilled if any come out as well. This could be a painting. I mean that as a compliment.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Wow!!!!! Amazing - I can see that gull up there amidst that fiery skycape! This is one fantastic image, Will! Really, stunning work.

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
Skyscapes Image Thread

I love to shoot the ever-changing sky. It's the greatest show off earth. Here are some images to start the thread.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PS -- Does anyone know where I can buy a powerline filter?

Cheers, Jock