Nature Show Snow

mike3996

Legend
I invite everyone to post snowy nature/landscape photos!

2019-04-03-11-02-MP005514.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was 70F here today and the Great Spring Rebirth is going full bore, but here's one from the last Saturday of 2017. I drove 120 miles under a Winter Storm Warning to ride my fat bike along a trio of rivers in WV's central mountains. It was one of the coldest weekends of that winter, and the ride was awesome!

DSCF0970.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's been 4 years since we've had snow like that around here. I bought a snow blower after a monster snow, and used it a couple more times that winter. My neighbor saw my snow blower and went and bought an identical one . . . and we haven't had a snow that required the blower since. He has never even started his, I think.
That's pretty high up in a moutain valley - about 1400m (or around 4500ft) high. We haven't had any real snow this winter yet down where I live - a couple of flakes, some slush on the streets for a couple of hours, a bit of frost in the morning, that's about it. I'd say the real winter has moved up 500m or more already; we just get the cold, but no compensation ...

M.

Back