Spiders Show: Spiders

MFT 1:1

P1260919.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Sadly, I had the focus all wrong, but this is the best of a bad lot from quite a few years ago :) At least we got her golden orb nest, and “don’t you DARE touch!!”

View attachment 290141
Sue, that's an amazing photo of the egg sac, or whatever it's called. However, I don't think that's an orb weaver.
Also however, you could write what I actually know about spiders on the back of the proverbial postage stamp ...

Oh, I know that there are some seriously dangerous spiders in Australia, but the pictures you guys from Australia post are great.
Thank you.

I got some really nice ones of the four adult mouse spiders living under the tailgate of my Forester ... :( .

M115403.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The book "Venomous Australians" states that " ... no deaths have been attributed to this spider ... ", even though its venom is apparently more toxic than that of the Sydney funnelweb. Not really much of a recommendation, IMHO.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info, Sue.

My comment was based on the fact that orb weavers normally have very neat webs.

I have also observed that they often appear to remove them during the day, then reconstruct them in the evening! A photographer friend says that he has observed this happening.
They do all that, but they have their nest away from the main web.

Back