Spiders Show: Spiders

Spider. June, 2011. E-P2 + Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar 100mm F4 lens.

_6080157_DxO-1SdcLM.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
The only spider I could find in my garden today was this small, well-camouflaged garden spider of some sort sitting atop a piece of cane.

Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro plus Marumi achromat. Three images processed in Photolab 4 and stacked/finished in Photoshop.

spider_150522.jpg

Last edited:
It's still early in the insect macro season here in the UK. Took a break from work at lunchtime today and found a small spider on our window ledge. Was amazed to discover it's a jumping spider. I had no idea that any species were at large in the wild in my country and had never seen one before. This one is about 6-7mm long, shot with an Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro with Marumi achromat. Lighting is ambient plus a Godox TT360 down a Pringles tube.

jumping_spider_170522.jpg

It's still early in the insect macro season here in the UK. Took a break from work at lunchtime today and found a small spider on our window ledge. Was amazed to discover it's a jumping spider. I had no idea that any species were at large in the wild in my country and had never seen one before. This one is about 6-7mm long, shot with an Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro with Marumi achromat. Lighting is ambient plus a Godox TT360 down a Pringles tube.

View attachment 311174
Beauty, Richard. And thanks for the full info.

Apparently, jumping spider venom is extremely toxic, but not to animals as big as us humans.

Back