Spiders Show: Spiders

Wolf spider carrying her egg sac. She looks a little dehydrated, or maybe her abdomen is distorted when holding the eggs clear of the ground?

wolf_spider_egg_sac.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

American House Spiders (Achaearanea tepidfariorum) and family
just out of the Egg Case, waiting to be named. Mom asked me I had any lists of names:_)
Panasonic 6K stills (which is really video H265 (18 meg)) processed in Resolve Studio through a 75 year old window. Down sized to 1080P. Love these little guys, have seen them take down quite a few Giant House Spiders as thier webs are very strong much like a widows.

Last year I had hardly any Araneus diadematus (Cross Orb Weaver). I have tons of birds on my acer, and they have taken their toll. When my mom passed in May, I stated looking and was able to catch 6 (hand caught and put in pill jars) and bring them home. These are great spiders for termites when mating (thus flying) and all the other flying bugs from the forest. This is the first year I've handled them and you can feel them "scurrying" trying to get out of your hand. None bit. This was imaged at 161mm while using a Canon 77mm 500D dual element filter (only thing I kept from my Nikon days). When I'm birding I have the 500D and a Pany14mm w/GWC1 in the toploader also just case I want wide or macro.
orb1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back