Show stairs

P2094902.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Everyone I know who has a house with those stairs always claims to be able to negotiate them in the middle of the night fully inebriated.
Ray, our stairs have a 180⁰ turn half way up (no landing), and are carpeted. Death trap, waiting to spring!

One of the first things we did when we moved in in 2006 was to fit industrial step edge grips. Apart from providing much needed grip, they also force one's heel back into the stair treads, rather than allowing one's balance to shift forward, and slip.

I also fitted a bathroom style 800mm safety rail vertically on the centre post.

Makes a death trap relatively safe for us oldies in our mid to late seventies.

BTW, I've been a teetotaller since 1986, and I still find these dangerous nearly seventeen years on!

IMG_20230213_100224_281.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gotta love the Digilux 2. I enjoyed mine. Really impressive images for such a tiny sensor.
I really enjoy using mine. I got it some years back, from a local camera fair. It's a bit beaten up and the viewfinder is scratched but the lens is perfect and with its CCD sensor in the right light, in my opinion they combine to render wonderfully.

I really enjoy using mine. I got it some years back, from a local camera fair. It's a bit beaten up and the viewfinder is scratched but the lens is perfect and with its CCD sensor in the right light, in my opinion they combine to render wonderfully.
It's impossible to somehow take that Vario Summicron lens off the camera and apply it to another camera. I know that because enquiries have been made by others, that's how highly rated the lens on that Digilux 2 is.

Back