Street SHOW Street Art

There is a nice 80's feel to this! It is actually a nice shot too. Unless you really look, it doesn't even appear to be a wall. Looks like a banner! Do you know what it says?

1450%20vers%20cow_zpskgky0ntx.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If there is already a thread for street art photography please let me know and I can close this one, otherwise please share your street art photos. This thread is about street art rather than graffitti.

Wikipedia defines street art as:

"visual art created in public locations, usually unsanctioned artwork executed outside of the context of traditional art venues. Other terms for this type of art can be "urban art", "guerrilla art", "independent public art", "post-graffiti", and "neo-graffiti".[1][2][3] Common forms and media can include spray paint graffiti, stencil graffiti, wheatpasted poster art, sticker art, street installations, and sculpture."

So please share your street art images ... To get the ball rolling here is one I took this morning as part of my Waymarking project. Not the best but hopefully you get the idea.

36353851231_2bf557a1d1_b.jpg

Praying Mantis - Amok Island - Mural by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

36452010826_3acf30ddba_b.jpg

Hippocampus Subelongatus - Amok Island - 2015
by Andrew Priest (Aushiker), on Flickr

This photograph continues my social history project documenting both the mundane and the interesting in the City of Fremantle and surrounding areas through the medium of Waymarking.

As part of Public 2015 a number of art works where commissioned and completed in the City of Fremantle. This work, titled, Hippocampus Subelongatus was one of a number of works painted on the building at 100 Hampton Road, Fremantle. The artist is Amok Island [1].

100 Hampton Road, Fremantle is a public housing accommodation with a focus on supporting the homelessness. The art work was part of a bigger program exploring the use of art and creativity for public good [2].

[1] Work - Amok Island
[2] 100 Hampton Road - Form – Building a state of creativity.

Back