Street SHOW Street Art

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0012.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0014.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0031.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0036.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0038.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0046.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0057.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0062.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0068.jpg

02-24-2023_street_KM7D_PICT0069.jpg

Maybe from across the road, at right, looking back towards the bottom LHS of this image, using a 14mme FL ultra rectilinear lens, Matt? Just a thought.
The main problem was light/colour - so, opportunity, not optics. This was completed late last fall, and whenever I came across it since, I had either packed the wrong lens or, more often than not, light wasn't favourable. Actually, I've shot wider lenses in the past to capture more of the whole stretch of murals already, but I had wanted to "isolate" this "panel" for a while, and I think I succeed this time in nice enough light. A 24mm-e lens would have made it it easier, though - with the 27mm-e, I had to step out on the road for a moment (not a lot of traffic, usually, so, not a big issue).

But I acknowledge I could have chosen better words to describe what I was going on about ...

M.

The main problem was light/colour - so, opportunity, not optics. This was completed late last fall, and whenever I came across it since, I had either packed the wrong lens or, more often than not, light wasn't favourable. Actually, I've shot wider lenses in the past to capture more of the whole stretch of murals already, but I had wanted to "isolate" this "panel" for a while, and I think I succeed this time in nice enough light. A 24mm-e lens would have made it it easier, though - with the 27mm-e, I had to step out on the road for a moment (not a lot of traffic, usually, so, not a big issue).

But I acknowledge I could have chosen better words to describe what I was going on about ...

M.
Isn't that always the way? I've been caught the same way, yet sometimes serendipity has worked in my favour.

I keep trying to tell people that sometimes you only get one shot at some scenes. When it presents itself, one'd better be ready! It's the main reason I bought an E-PM2 to live in the car. A phone can sometimes save one's bacon (my shots of that beautiful XK 150), but would not have worked for the Devaux coupe. Chances are, I will never see either car again.

Isn't that always the way? I've been caught the same way, yet sometimes serendipity has worked in my favour.

I keep trying to tell people that sometimes you only get one shot at some scenes. When it presents itself, one'd better be ready! It's the main reason I bought an E-PM2 to live in the car. A phone can sometimes save one's bacon (my shots of that beautiful XK 150), but would not have worked for the Devaux coupe. Chances are, I will never see either car again.
Well, thanks to the "Today" challenge (and "Single in" challenges, too), I'm never without a camera; what *can* happen is that I'm without an appropriate lens, though - and I've come to the conclusion that in these cases, it's best to just enjoy the sights and not fret about not getting the shot.

Besides, usually, even though you may not be able to get the best possible (or intended) shot, you can frame something in a worthwhile way. I'm particularily fond of lenses that make this easier - by offering a) nice rendering, regardless of settings and b) an opportunity to get close in order to "make do" with a detail if you can't get everything in.

M.

Back